Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody remember what the stock setting on the brake lever adjustment was/is??
I've been riding around bitching to myself about the squishy brake lever feel .... until this weekend when I remembered I could adjust it :rolleyes
Anyway, mine was set to 5 .... I changed it to 1. I just don't remember setting it to 5???? I know I messed with it when I first got the bike but can't recall what I set it to. I'm just curious what it came set to.

·
Registered
898 Posts
greatzippy said:
Does anybody remember what the stock setting on the brake lever adjustment was/is??
I've been riding around bitching to myself about the squishy brake lever feel .... until this weekend when I remembered I could adjust it :rolleyes
Anyway, mine was set to 5 .... I changed it to 1. I just don't remember setting it to 5???? I know I messed with it when I first got the bike but can't recall what I set it to. I'm just curious what it came set to.
I just went out and looked at my shiny new Superfast Silver FZ6 and it is set at "1"
I don't know if this will help you I have no problems with my brakes as of right now

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Does it really matter where it comes set at? Just change it to wehre youw ant it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
There's no specific stock setting. It's whatever it was when it was mounted on the bike. If it feels good to you, wonderful.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
04Fizzer said:
Does it really matter where it comes set at? Just change it to wehre youw ant it.
No not really ..... I'm just trying to figure out how it got where it was. It'll probably turn out to be one of those things that just happened somehow an will just hav eto get over it :lol

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Is 1 less squishy or is 5 less squishy?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
greatzippy said:
No not really ..... I'm just trying to figure out how it got where it was. It'll probably turn out to be one of those things that just happened somehow an will just hav eto get over it :lol
Do you have any small children in your life? Have they been in the garage?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 is like a rock .... 5 is like a rotten tomato

And no kids either ..... although I wonder if someone at work was messin with it, you know how people are. That could be one reaon why my alarm was going off so much when I parked at work. Or it could have been the shop as well.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Think mine came set at 4... never touched it...

·
Registered
185 Posts
greatzippy said:
1 is like a rock .... 5 is like a rotten tomato
Hmmm... and all this time I thought it only adjusted the distance of the lever to the grip, go figure. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
derf said:
Hmmm... and all this time I thought it only adjusted the distance of the lever to the grip, go figure. :)
I was thinking the same thing. LOL I just didn't wanna sound like a smartass.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
derf said:
That's one way of looking at it .... but it also changes the feel of the brakes as well. Set to 1 I don't need to apply that much force to the lever to get max braking, where as set to 5 I had the lever practically down to the grip.
Change the setting and try it, then you'll see what I'm talking about. Setting 5 just feels squishy compared to setting 1.

The question still remains ..... who/how/when did mine get set to 5??????

·
Registered
676 Posts
greatzippy said:
The question still remains ..... who/how/when did mine get set to 5??????
Someone f'd with it.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
It does just change the reach. Any perceived difference in brake performance is a cranial adjustment (its in your head :eek:nfloor ).

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Adjusting the brake lever setting at the dial should not effect the feel of the brakes-- It's just an adjustment to make it closer or further from the grip for better squeeze to longer or shorter fingered individuals.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heavy FZ6 said:
It does just change the reach. Any perceived difference in brake performance is a cranial adjustment (its in your head :eek:nfloor ).
Possibly ... I've found it easier in the long run to just do what the voices tell me :urowned

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I agree with greatzipy that it does feel differnt at each setting. 1 seems like you have to use the least effort to apply maximum braking power. And at 5 it feels like you have to squeze the hell out of it. So your not the only one.

Or maybe both of us are crazy? :lol

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
FZSilver said:
I agree with greatzipy that it does feel differnt at each setting. 1 seems like you have to use the least effort to apply maximum braking power. And at 5 it feels like you have to squeze the hell out of it. So your not the only one.

Or maybe both of us are crazy? :lol
Or all 3 of us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts