Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I decided to fit Braided Brake hoses to the front of my bike. It went fairly successfully - the only issue was the fact that the new hoses' connections got in the way of the bleed nipples once fitted - useful eh? The hoses I bought were made by HEL and the whole hose plus fittings were made from Stainless steel - very good quality.

As for the differences:
The braided hoses obviously expand less so you need less input at the lever end to get the same effect as rubber tubing. The initial bite from the brakes is less pronounced, but the feel and feedback is much better. They will also last longer than the originals too. I think to make full use of the upgrade I will be fitting sintered pads at the next pad change. I'll let you know how I get on!

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this as well. Probably will come AFTER the 520 chain conversion and a Speedohealer. So, is the difference big enough to be worth the cost in your opinion?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definately worth it, yes. I have much more feedback from the front end when braking. It's a bit of an arse to set it all up but it is a useful mod.
S

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If you put SS line on your going to want to be careful till you get use to them .... bike's gonna stop harder & quicker with them on.
The way I did it is I changed out the stock GG pads for EBC HH pads up front. When I got use to that I changed out the back to HH and put in SS lines up front. Then I had to get use to it all over again :lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
greatzippy said:
If you put SS line on your going to want to be careful till you get use to them .... bike's gonna stop harder & quicker with them on.
The way I did it is I changed out the stock GG pads for EBC HH pads up front. When I got use to that I changed out the back to HH and put in SS lines up front. Then I had to get use to it all over again :lol
Know what you mean, but I have had braided hoses on a few bikes now. The last one was the most fun - Supermoto with a huge 320mm disc on the front. Awesome!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Stunts said:
Know what you mean, but I have had braided hoses on a few bikes now. The last one was the most fun - Supermoto with a huge 320mm disc on the front. Awesome!

With a front brake like that, why bother using the rear?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04Fizzer said:
why bother using the rear?
That'll be for making the back end slide around then.... :devil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts