Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a blue one from Champion in CM they are good to deal with. What a great ride and easy to handle. It was a little funny feeling at first turning while the fairing is still going straight. I got a insured with progressive for $420 a year. I guess 30 years experiance makes a difference :rolleyes:
I got the garage cleaned out last night. I am happy with the digital tach and haven't noticed the sweeping tach since. First bike for me I had to set a clock on.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
charlieoneseven said:
I got a blue one from Champion in CM they are good to deal with. What a great ride and easy to handle. It was a little funny feeling at first turning while the fairing is still going straight. I got a insured with progressive for $420 a year. I guess 30 years experiance makes a difference :rolleyes:
I got the garage cleaned out last night. I am happy with the digital tach and haven't noticed the sweeping tach since. First bike for me I had to set a clock on.
Congrats! I wasn't a big fan of the blue from pictures but seeing one in person really looked great! Almost bought the blue, but ended up on the silver. Thats a crazy rate...Progressive quoted me $1000yr. I love the digital tach with the trip-o-meters and digital tach readout. No loss of sight even in direct sunlight (live in FLA). Gotta take it easy on break-in, but once past that....hang on tight!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have to agree on the tach. All the reviews complained about it but I have found it very useful with the digi tach, trip1 and 2, and what impressed me the most was the first time it switched to the reserve mode or whatever its called and started counting the miles left. Thats something you dont find in most cars these days.
'Budget Bike' with rich person perks.
Got to love it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrats!

-Q

·
Registered
38 Posts
congrats on the new bike! it's such an awesome bike! the fact that it carves twisties so well and be comfortable in long commutes ...damn.

·
Registered
49 Posts
good stuff and congrats on the bike. Also, wanted to ask if you have full coverage from Progressive. I got liability for $139 for the year. Am goin to get full in the next few months.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Charlie! You got the fast blue one!

charlieoneseven said:
Welcome to the club! We seem to be one of the most active groups! Great deal on the insurance. I have some major naughties on my record and found that you can save tons by doing liability, comprehensive, no collision. That way theft, vandalism, parking lot tip overs, fur and feather collisions are all covered. Sooooooo if one were creative, and didn't slide under a Mack truck on a busy highway.................... might end up being a little birds fault?

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT INTENDED OR TO BE CONSTRUED TO BE INTRUCTIONS TO DEFRAUD ANY BLOOD SUCKING SNAKES WE KNOW AS INSURANCE COMPANIES THAT ONLY TAKE OUR MONEY AT A HIGHER RATE BECAUSE WE DON'T THUMP AROUND ALL DAY ON A FAT UGLY HARLEY'S, THAT HAVE ZERO PERFORMANCE AND CAN'T STOP.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, your forum is the best any new bike owner could ask for.
I was sent a bill for an additional $695.00 for the full coverage policy I had already paid for. When I called the lady was very "I'm sorry sir, the fz6 isn't in our software so they had to rate it as a B not an A murdercycle" When I asked her to tell me what the difference between the two was she kept saying I'm sorry sir, and I had to tell her that 20 more apolligies wouldn't make me shell out anymore dough and at that point I insisted that they return my bike to the A status until they could clear up their software problems. She agreed after putting me on hold for about 10 minutes to let the policy stay at the $420.00 for the rest of the year. Bait and switch? I'm no angle when it comes to accidents and tickets either, so I was kind of expecting a rate increase but not 200% over what they quoted me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice ride! I love mine (blue is awesome). Try STATEFARM my full coverage is less than $300.00 and I'm 36yrs old. Good luck and once it's "broke in" ride it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!

Robb

·
Registered
155 Posts
My insurance runs $900 a year full coverage, but I'm only 25, almost 26 so I won't complain. :D

And Blue = FASTER :headbang

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Progressive blows....

charlieoneseven said:
Thanks guys, your forum is the best any new bike owner could ask for.
I was sent a bill for an additional $695.00 for the full coverage policy I had already paid for. When I called the lady was very "I'm sorry sir, the fz6 isn't in our software so they had to rate it as a B not an A murdercycle" When I asked her to tell me what the difference between the two was she kept saying I'm sorry sir, and I had to tell her that 20 more apolligies wouldn't make me shell out anymore dough and at that point I insisted that they return my bike to the A status until they could clear up their software problems. She agreed after putting me on hold for about 10 minutes to let the policy stay at the $420.00 for the rest of the year. Bait and switch? I'm no angle when it comes to accidents and tickets either, so I was kind of expecting a rate increase but not 200% over what they quoted me.
Progressive did almost the same for me. I have my 2000 Honda CBR600F4 insured with them and it's horrible for full coverage. Almost $100 a month and I'm 35 with a clean record. I called for quotes on everything from the FZ6, V-Strom 1000, FZ1, etc and received a very favorable quote for full coverage on the FZ6. About half of my F4 payment. I bought the bike and called to get insurance activated and they give me a price that's more than my F4. What the heck???? I had all of the numbers written down from my previous conversation and they denied that they offered the previous price. Boy did that make me mad. I needed insurance, so I just got Comp and Liability and said screw the collision. Now I'm down to about $40 a month IIRC.

I keep meaning to call around to some other places, but I hear that state farm won't insure a cycle unless you also insure a car with them, and I'm not leaving my Allstate safe-driver program. (Allstate wanted over $100/month to insure the FZ6.)

Anyone have any leads for good cycle insurance that is offered in Pennsylvania?

JimE

·
Registered
103 Posts
jrevans said:
Anyone have any leads for good cycle insurance that is offered in Pennsylvania?

JimE
If you can get it, USAA is the best. Its for the military/family of military. I pay just at $30/mth for full coverage and low deductable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts