Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps,

I 'm interested in the market for an new 04 R1 and wanted to ask those of you who have recently brought your baby home "how much was she before tax?"

I know that prices range by a number of factors but thought i'd ask anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squid Killer said:
They retail for $10,599 and $10,699 for the blue. Many dealers arent going to discount them unless they dont sell many sportbikes.

Yeah that's the impression I am getting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
sorry man...all r1's are 10,599 retail.if you got quoted 10,699 for the blue your getting hosed.oh...i paid 10,599 for mine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Usually you only see price differences on limited edition paint schemes.. like race schemes.. the blue is just a stock color

·
R1 - it
37 Posts
Sorry this is a late response, but.......

I bought my R1 4 wks ago. Wow what a bike. I can't say enough about it.

Cost? $10,299.00 before tax. Yamaha isn't making any more 04 models now, so you can get one cheeper to make room for the 05's. At least that was my experience. I tacked on the 4 yr warranty with it (refundable if you don't use it), a factory shop manual ($52.), uncle sams tax, and I went out the door at about $12021.00 if I remimber right.

This bike "rocks". NOT for beginners!!! Ooooo but what fun!!!!!!!! I rode a 94 vfr for 6 1/2 yrs before I bought this, and I'm not sure why I waited so long to make the move. But I'm glad I did.

Mine is maroon in color. I didn't want what everybody else has. It's a beautiful bike, and an awsome ride. If you get one..........enjoy!!!!

p.s. I got the salesman to through in the big picture (framed) of the blue R1 siting on the track, the one that is so famous.

At least to me

·
Registered
69 Posts
johnriz said:
i pick mine up tonight and i paid 9400 before tax ans shite. I got the 04 blue one
What dealer sold an 04' R1 for 9400? That is a steal. :twofinger Ordered mine back in March, got it in late April for about $11,500 OTD. $10,699 before taxes/tags/title, etc.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
you can get them here for 10,000 before tax. That is any color but the blue ones are hard to find.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got my blue for $9600 OTD (8900 before taxes/tags/freight) w/ 1,400 miles on her. Came with micron slips, a fender elim. + LED tail lights.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Prowler said:
yes,there isn't anything special about the blue.
I don't know about the '04 in blue, but the '05 in Ravin black is an extra $100. Well that is what the Yamaha website claims anyhow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts