Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every inch of bodywork was torn up when this bike was lowsided, rolled over its top and slid on the other side. I lost the picture I took before but here it is now. I did all the body work and painting myself. Its been out on the track a few times now and is still street legal. It used to be a liquid silver R6.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nicely done.

Don't think you'd ever be able to tell it's been down if you hadn't said as much. Great job.

Peace

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Very nice, I wish I had the talent to do what you did. Thumbs up!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
good job man!! Do you take it to the track in Bryan/College Station?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, how much was it all together? I'm guessing not much different than a new one? I guess there was no frame/subframe/headlight bracket damage?

·
Banned
730 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing for a track-bike and was curious if you could give me a ballpark figure on how much you think you saved. I know it'll be different for different bikes w/ different problems, but I'm trying to convince myself and the Mrs. I can do it fairly cheaply compared to just outright buying a track-ready bike. BTW, very nice. :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
good work, looks very nice. Like everyone else said, how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I dont wish at all that I had the talent you do. I just wish I live closer to you so you can do it for me!!

Actually, I lied. Your talents are amazing and I wish I had them too...Congrats.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for the compliments. I bought the bike from the original owner for $3000. It was less than a year old and he had crashed it twice. All the damage was cosmetic but it was everywhere. I bought a putty that hardens in the sun and patched up all the holes and ground-off parts. Even though the tail was repaired I later bought a solo seat and painted to match everything else. In all I spent about $400. The solo seat was about 1/3 of the cost. Ive done about 8 sessions at Texas World Speedway so far using the stock tires and a stiff suspension setup.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Wow! That's an awesome job you did! What about the title! Was it salvage or clear?

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
Squid Killer said:
I bought a putty that hardens in the sun and patched up all the holes and ground-off parts.

what was the name of this stuff. What did you paint it with too, Spray can?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts