Sport Bikes banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Ducatigal said:
:popcorn I don't drink beer but I've got plenty of Jim Beam and Coke.

That works too!! :cheers

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
mharrison said:
Well, I just read this saga and all I can say is............

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot!!!!
Just imagine all the fun stuff you missed before you joined.....:lol

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
He had to have done something to get jail time. 737 would know much better than me, but I'd think they'd want to go after the seller rather than the 'victim'. Would I be subject to jail time if I bought something hot and didn't know it?

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Cabanaboy said:
He had to have done something to get jail time. 737 would know much better than me, but I'd think they'd want to go after the seller rather than the 'victim'. Would I be subject to jail time if I bought something hot and didn't know it?

Poss. of stolen property can land you in jail whether you know it was stolen or not. This guy listed the bike up on Craigslist and when a SBN member busted him out on it he took it down (if I remember correctly). If I had to guess bro, this guy was the original seller and the bike turned out being stolen and they put a "sting" on him.

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
ahhh gotchya. Stolen bikes FTL. Stolen bike seller even more FTL, since ya screw the good natured buyer at the same time.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
So, he bought a stolen bike with no title, then tried to sell it hoping that some other idiot like him would buy it just like him and got jailed for doing so???????:urowned

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Damn I remember this thread from MONTHS ago. Like gngsquared said, holy sequel.

So Andrew, end the suspense. Jail time, R6 dildo, what was it???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Holy hell! Im sitting in Iraq reading this sh*t! Thanks for the humor to lighten my day! Now I have something to look foward too...what will he post next?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
shouldn't this entire thread be in the "Busted - I need legal advice" section?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most Likely Stolen From The Bank, Ie Still Has A Lien. If Your Lucky Your State Has A Abandoned Vehicle Program And You Hope That The Last Owner Wont Come Claim It When They Contact Him That Its Abandoned. Good Times

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If it was sold through an insurance auction then there HAS TO BE paper work generated and most likely a "Salvage" title generated BEFORE the bike could legally be sold by the insurance company.

Documentation from the insurance company in order to release the bike to the action house for resale would also have to be held by the action house and insurance company for a set amount of time.

The owner of the bike would be paid off by the insurance company if the bike wasn't recovered in a specific amount of time or it was recovered and considered "totaled" by the insurance company. At any rate the owner would either have to buy it back from the insurance company(very simple and easy in the one vehicle I did) or release the title/ownership to the insurance company so they can sell it and recoup some of their money.

The insurance company would then apply for the salvage title and wait for it to come in. Once all their ducks are in a row they would contact an auction company to sell the vehicles on their lot. The vehicles are transported to the auction house,sold,and the new buyer will be sent the appropriate paper work/title.

In your case it sounds like total B.S. and you just lost $3,500!
There is no way an legitimate(relative term) insurance company and or auction house would sell it without paperwork to back them up. That's in case
someone tries to come back on them for selling vehicles illegally.

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
llandrew said:
Hey everyone, well, i just gotta jail about a week ago! thanks for all your great help! :upyours
:lol :eek:nfloor :bananafu: you went to the local pound you in the ass jail that is so freakin awesome... and not to mention you deserved every minute of it you theivin ass... good for you and maybe next time you wont be breaking the laws, but if you do i hope it lands you in prison instead of jail next time... :eek:nfloor

·
Track Junkie
2,462 Posts
So the real question on everybodys mind is....did you drop the soap?

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
Randomchaos said:
or did they shove that up there as well... :eek:nfloor

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Randomchaos said:
He's a pillow biter, of course he dropped the soap. He had to clean up the chocolate covered starfish for Francis.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts