Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find boots that offer great protection for low cost. Its for my motorcycle course.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
For the motorcycle course, just wear a pair of work boots. There's no sense in spending a bunch of money on high end boots when you may not like riding.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about these?

About a $100 US. I don't have work boots, so either way. I am ending up spending money.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Who makes those boots?

·
Registered
436 Posts
For the motorcycle course, just wear a pair of work boots. There's no sense in spending a bunch of money on high end boots when you may not like riding.
I agree. Just go to walmart or something and get a cheap hiking/work boot

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alaska cajun said:
Who makes those boots?
There Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boots. My friend who used to ride bikes said you really need a boot that has ankle protection and such.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, I boot these boots. I shopped and compared to normal hiking or work boots which would have cost more.

I am not going to take chances on the helmet or boot. The jacket and glove won't be a problem. Thanks for your info.

mercutio80 said:
Those boots would be fine.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I love my Icon Standard Duty boots for the street & SIDI boots for the track. Both offer ankle protection.

·
Registered
56 Posts
for regular riding, i run sidi vertebra 2 air, not waterproof but good protection and excellent breathing, in the hot ga sun it makes a difference, about $255 new, $275 after taxes

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Like I said, those boots will be fine, and they'll be great once you get a bike. I just wanted to let you know the MSF just wants you to wear over the ankle boots. Any kind will do. I wore a pair of 20 dollar Payless boots to MSF. Once you start riding, you'll be glad you bought "real" riding boots.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm In Toronto, Canada. I am not sure if our schools look at these safety items more than the US school. Maybe our Canadian mmmbers will know.

I will eventually own a bike. So these items will be used again for sure. Here is the list that was given to me from the school:

a.. Your m1 learner's permit
b.. If you paid for your course by credit card, please remember to bring it with you (if it is not your card please include a note from the cardholder with their signature that gives you permission to use it)
c.. Full length pants (leather, riding or jeans with no fraying or
holes)**
d.. Jacket (leather, gortex or heavy denim)**
e.. Leather Gloves (racing gloves are acceptable and must cover the
wrist)**
f.. Boots (must have full ankle protection i.e. no elastic inserts - no steel toed high-heeled boots)**
g.. Motorcycle helmet (D.O.T., Snell or British Standards Institute
approved)**
h.. We recommend students bring plenty to drink for the practical training.
i.. For convenience you may want to pack a lunch.

** If you attend the course without the proper safety gear the instructor reserves the right to refuse your participation in the course. **

mercutio80 said:
Like I said, those boots will be fine, and they'll be great once you get a bike. I just wanted to let you know the MSF just wants you to wear over the ankle boots. Any kind will do. I wore a pair of 20 dollar Payless boots to MSF. Once you start riding, you'll be glad you bought "real" riding boots.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Velocity boots. I may trade up to something with more ankle protection when I start riding to work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts