Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the MSF course at the end of next month to get my lisence and I've already got all my gear except boots and pants. Being a 'squid' I'm not really sure what is what are far as quality and bang for the buck goes in riding boots. I want a nice boot that I can wear on the bike as well as around campus and be comfortable in them. I've seen a lot of talk about sidi lately. Any other brands or are they pretty good.

Thanks for your input.
Jasyon

·
Registered
304 Posts
Race oriented boots are NOT made for walking, and you'll find that out before you get 100 yards from your bike. Look into less-race styled boots, or for a short commute and a walk to class, maybe even some tough work boots.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Mine feel like a pair of slippers when I walk around. They look like I have a superhero costume on though. The sole however is very thin and obviously not made for a lot of wear. Like freeride said look elsewhere. Redwing has BADASS motorcycle boots but they are $$$.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I made a trip down to my local cycle shop today for a look. I know one of the guys their and I like to support the local shops, you'd be suprised how price competive they can be ;) Anyway I came out with a pair of ICON super duty boots in black leather. I walked around in them for a while and their really comfortable and I think they will last a long time with daily use. Their just going to be for day to day riding and to and from school so.

But thanks for the input guys.
Jayson

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, those superduty boots look pretty cool. Thick soles and pretty casual looking. Do they feel like they offer good ankle protection? Let us know hot they wear. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have a really stiff and quite thick leather construction IMO they would protect your ankle from road rash in a lay down situation at reasonable speeds. They are really confy and don't seem any hotter than a pair of normal boots. I think they will be fine for casual riding but for the track or hard riding I think a pair if racing boots would be the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts