Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies,

What kind of boots or shoes do you street ride in?

I usually wear my Teknic Defender boots and sometimes my Lighting ones (more for track).

What other kinds of boots would be good as far as protection and maneverability?

I want to get some different kinds to just ride around on the street going to eat etc. I would like them to be comfortable to a point as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have some Sidi boots that are good, but I usually wear (and I hate to admit this) a very comfy pair of Harley Davidson boots that I've had for years. They are stylish and practical. My husband used to own a HD but sold it for a Honda. I still wear the boots that I used to wear when we rode two up.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I still actually wear (and don't recomend) are my healed leather boots. I still can't touch the ground. I hate being short, and riding boots, I've looked for are always too big. akk small feet.. :mad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a pair of Rocky's (www.rockyboots.com) that are pretty nice. They look like SWAT team boots...which is kinda cool and they look good with jeans. Also, they are very light...weigh about as much as my running shoes.

Japbike...they also have 1.5 - 2 inch soles...help for us shorties!

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mifizzy said:
I have a pair of Rocky's (www.rockyboots.com) that are pretty nice. They look like SWAT team boots...which is kinda cool and they look good with jeans. Also, they are very light...weigh about as much as my running shoes.

Japbike...they also have 1.5 - 2 inch soles...help for us shorties!

thanks for the link mifizzy and welcome to the site. I like the fact that they are light too. Do they fit pretty much to size? or do they run smaller than the actual size?

I saw my ex tonight and he told me the ICON boots/shoes are pretty good too but they don't have them in women's sizes but they do have small sizes in men's so I will have to check out that website too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I own some Joe rocket Mercury boots. The only thing is they are only made for men and Joe Rocket only makes whole sizes. I love the boots and i've only worn them 2 times the entire day. They broke in really quick.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got a pair of Hein Grieke boots last year

I love them, they are great when it's 90+ all the way to 20F. In the rain my feet stay nice and dry... highly recommend them.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Evil girl--thanks for the recommendation however those look very similar to my Teknic Defender boots and are waterproof too--just not overly comfortable.

Here is what I was looking more for and ICON sells them and in women's sizes..hmmmm...

ICON boots for women

·
Registered
234 Posts
i wear alpinestar gp3 or something like that. i have big soccer player calves so zipper is snug at the top but they are pretty comfy for actual motorcycle riding boots.

·
Registered
21 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
Evil girl--thanks for the recommendation however those look very similar to my Teknic Defender boots and are waterproof too--just not overly comfortable.

Here is what I was looking more for and ICON sells them and in women's sizes..hmmmm...

ICON boots for women
Those are what I ride in, the mens version, and they do quite well. Pretty comfortable after you get them broke in.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I don't wear motorcycle boots - I wear Timberland work boots. I have almost no arch, and my feet are narrow, so most riding boots are seriously uncomfortable. The timberlands are lightweight and have oilproof soles (which means good footing when planting at a stop).

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is the closest pic I could find to what I wear. They're very similar but mine are black. They are relatively tall and offer decent ankle protection. I got to crash test them at over 60 mph. They were scuffed up but held together. Very comfortable.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ThaCBRKid said:
Those are what I ride in, the mens version, and they do quite well. Pretty comfortable after you get them broke in.

What about walking in them or standing in them? Are they pretty good for that too? Also can you feel a lot of vibration coming through the soles while you are riding?

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wore Polo boots similar to these in the picture but black. They were relatively tall and offered good ankle protection. I got to crash test them at over 60 mph. They were scuffed up but held together. Very comfortable.

Can you provide a link for them? Thanks! Those look pretty nice too since I am looking more for a "regular look" not the track riding look--I already have boots for that :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
Can you provide a link for them? Thanks! Those look pretty nice too since I am looking more for a "regular look" not the track riding look--I already have boots for that :)
I actually got mine at closeout price from Foley's about a year ago. They're relatively expensive so I couldn't pass up a good bargain. I'm not sure where you could get them on-line for women. Zappos.com has advertising for the ones in the picture but in mens sizes and they're out of stock.
I have the men's version but I know they make them in womens. I got them because a girl friend of mine had a pair and she raved about them.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I have a pair of alpine stars the aer very comfy for cool climates. I used to ride alot in the winter in GA and they were great because they are lined with gortex. But out here in AZ...little too hot. I am acutally looking at these boots on ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7910951213&category=6751&sspagename=WDVW

I mostly ride the track now so need a decent pair. I wore my buddies size 9 Sidismy last track day, looked like I had two paddles LOL, and they kept scraping as I went into the corners.

·
Registered
21 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
What about walking in them or standing in them? Are they pretty good for that too? Also can you feel a lot of vibration coming through the soles while you are riding?
They are pretty good to walk around in and I don't notice really any vibration unless I ride for more than four or five hours straight and then its not even really all that bad...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hahahaha. I thought this was so funny. Not sure if it's real or not...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts