Sport Bikes banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
none on my bike boots.

I bought a set of Sidi B2s 3 and a half years ago.

I still have em. I still use em for some things. they are terrific.
My vertigos are the same. would recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
A* SMX-Plus
Sidi ST

I own them both, I prefer the ST over the SMX-Plus- but more just from a fit standpoint.

They both have external skeletal vertabrae systems, they both squeek like a mofo when you walk around. They both are only comfortable for short walks

Both of them have seen about 12-15k of riding time street and track over the past 2 seasons and thus far both are holding up great.

I had Sidi Fusion rains prior and they were far more comfy to ride in or walk in but way flimsy in the ankle support and any real safety aspect. But 60k and 4+ years of riding in them all day and other than wearing out the soles they are still in perfect shape. But that is what I would expect from any "street" boot.
If you want the best protection you are going to give up some comfort, if you want the best comfort you are going to give up some protection.
I personally wouldn't buy anything less than the SMX PLus from A* or the Cobra from Sidi. Although any boot is likely better than no boot

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've had the smx-5 and smx-plus (the old one as well as the new one). They've been good to me. One of my friends has Sidi's. They're both good boots. I would try them both on and buy the one that fits best.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
My Aplinestars were waterproof and never had an issue other than the leather not being the toughest....it scuffed due to normal use over time. A good boot if you do not want to spend a ton. The zippers were great quality and I never had a problem nor with stitching or the soles. I had the boots for years and the soles were wearing down.

If I ever ride again, I will try SIDI.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had Alpinestars SMX-5's for ~5 years or so. Since owning them I've had one low side in which the left boot was scuffed pretty well but did their job and I had no issues on my foot or ankle. To this day I'm still wearing the same SMX-5's.

I've heard nothing but good things about SIDI boots, but just wanted to pipe in that the quality and longevity of the A* boots have been great in my case!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts