Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for some riding boots. I have my upper body covered, (helmet, textile jacket with armor, gloves). I am very leary of buying off the internet without trying some on first. However, the dealers I have checked out in Phoenix do not have a good selection of road boots. MX selection is plentiful. Can anyone tell me how true to size the different brands are? Or if any Phoenix locals know of a place I can find and try on different brands of motorcycle boots.

·
Cage intolerant
446 Posts
newenough.com has a no-questions return policy. I bought a pair of Joe Rockets from them. Didn't care for them. I called and my replacement Sidi's were on the way to me before I had a chance to ship the JR's back. Love em'. I was out the one-way shipping $ but that seems a small penalty to get what you want.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well, I can tell ya that A*Star boots fit fairly true to size unlike thier jackets and gloves. I bought a brand new pair of SMX-R boots in size 48 (12 1/2US) for my size 12 feet thinking that they might be a tad small.
Turns out I should have gotten the 12s....so now I have a brand new pair of SMX-Rs in 12 1/2 that I have to ship back....unless somebody wants them?:)

·
Wildcat Fanatic
1,519 Posts
I would agree that A* boots fit true to size. I normally an 11.5 shoe and wear a 46 in my A* SMX-4's and they couldn't fit any better.

Sidi, on the other hand, at least for me, seem to run a bit small. I tried on a couple of different styles in 46 and they were just too tight. Then I tried 47's and they were perfect. That's only my personal experience, though. They may fit true to size for others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts