Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've had :squid feet and my brain has finally gotten a message down to them to get some boots. I would appreciate any recommendations you can give me, I prefer something that looks more like a hiking or work boot and not overly expensive.

Thanx for any advise. :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex - totally waterproof, subtle and comfortable to walk in. Highly recommed. Usually can get them from www.newenough.com for ~$130..

·
Registered
69 Posts
KatanaMike said:
Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex - totally waterproof, subtle and comfortable to walk in. Highly recommed. Usually can get them from www.newenough.com for ~$130..
+1. I got a pair this year. They're AMAZING. A little strange until they break in (after about a week) but after that, they ROCK.

·
Registered
251 Posts
+1 on the Oxtars - I LOVE my set. Just returned from my weeklong North Carolina road trip and ran into rain many times...especially the damn torrential stuff I hit on my return to Florida. Never did the Oxtar's leak, even when some of the roads made me do a boat impression on the bike.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've been looking too. I thought the Sidi Sympatex looked good, the price didn't look as good as the Oxtars though.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
never compromie safety for looks...
wheni ride i wear my sidi vertebra 2's...
but then again i spend more time riding than walking around.... :fiddy

·
Registered
64 Posts
badgixxer said:
never compromie safety for looks...
wheni ride i wear my sidi vertebra 2's...
but then again i spend more time riding than walking around.... :fiddy
+1

I love my SIDI Vertigos. I don't want to wear anything else. They fit like a glove on me and it's good knowing I'm protected.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
KatanaMike said:
+1. They're $200 everywhere else, online and local brick and mortar. Or close to that. After one full season though my toes are getting some serious wear. However, they're cheap, effective, and are comfortable enough to wear throughout the day (great for wearing to work, very inconspicuous, IMO).

·
Registered
1 Posts
First I just want to say hi, I just registerd tonight :)

And I just picked up a pair of AlpineStars SUPERTECH BOOTS, for 127.00
Reg $296. they are very slightly used and get a great review. Plus my 15 year exp with their MotoX boots I would wear anything else.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Zsolt67 said:
First I just want to say hi, I just registerd tonight :)

And I just picked up a pair of AlpineStars SUPERTECH BOOTS, for 127.00
Reg $296. they are very slightly used and get a great review. Plus my 15 year exp with their MotoX boots I would wear anything else.
Welcome to the SBN! Let me be the first to welcome you!

I personally rock the Sidi Vertebra II boots. Confortable to walk around in (I wouldn't go hiking in them, I tried this and had a small blister on my baby toe). They don't really.... stand out while in a pair of jeans. (although when you are carrying a helmet and leather jacket, it's not like you don't standout in the first place.) I haven't crashed them, and knock on wood, don't plan on it, but I have read good things about them, and that was my basis for my decision to buy them.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
two very nice boots!

I have the alpinestar goretex... very good and tested them today.

dropped my bike and no scuffs to the leather...toe slider did the job :cheers

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
I am considering a new set of boots myself. Good thread! Good information also!!

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Nope.

My feet like the feel of my Sidis a lot. They fit over leathers and under jeans equally as well.
Though I don't wear jeans while riding anymore.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have a set of alpinestarts GP boots myself (no longer produced but their current boots look similar). They stink. The soles are falling off. I am currently wearing tennis shoes over them.

On the other hand, I lended them to a friend and he crashed in them... His feet were protected and they did hit, but I bet good work boots would have done just as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts