Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of protective boots. I have narrowed it down to 2. Oxtar TCS Evo Ti and Sidi Vertebra Race Carbon - the only two I have found that offer both superior ankle and toe protection. AT least they are described as such. Does anyone out there have either of these 2 that can provide "real world" comments? I drive long and go fast (2 hrs of interstate driving) and in the rain (live in Florida). I would like to know how well these boots can handle the water and how well they fit. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the sidi vertebra race and I love them. Being in florida also, the heat has never been a problem in those boots. Granted, you can wring the socks out after a ride, but I don't notice it until then.

They are also very comfortable to walk in... as long as the toe isn't locked.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I have been riding on my Oxtar TCS boots for about 6-8K now and the heels are holding tough with very limited wear. The velcro the zipper is connected to had come off but I gooped it back on, no problems since.
These boots are perfect for me and I got them extremely cheap. They have since sold most of the closeout ones.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=50-7075

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'd go for Sidi unless you can find a considerably better deal on the Oxtars. The Oxtars are great boots, but for the same price, I'd go with Sidi.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses, it is helping....A couple of online stores offer the Oxtar cheaper than the Sidi's. About $30 less. Can anyone comment on how well these boots maintain after being soaked from rain?? I had one online line dealer tell me the Sidi's would be ruined after a while. No comments from Oxtar yet. How about all the technical aspects. Do the boots really seem like they would "save" your feet from bending too far? Thanks again!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think for all accidents where you DON"T hit an object... car, pole, etc., you will have great protection. No one can say what can happen when you hit something. But for low side falls, great protection, in my opinion.

I said in another thread, I've fractured my ankle twice, didn't know it, healed wrong and causing some problems now. So I wanted the most protection I could and chose SIDI race.

·
Registered
304 Posts
kazlab67 said:
I have been riding on my Oxtar TCS boots for about 6-8K now and the heels are holding tough with very limited wear. The velcro the zipper is connected to had come off but I gooped it back on, no problems since.
These boots are perfect for me and I got them extremely cheap. They have since sold most of the closeout ones.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=50-7075
I just bought a pair of those. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Fire&Thunder said:
I said in another thread, I've fractured my ankle twice, didn't know it, healed wrong and causing some problems now. So I wanted the most protection I could and chose SIDI race.
Wow, I thought I was the only one. I went to the doc with some ankle pain and he said it was from where I broke my ankle. Broke my ankle? I've never broken my ankle. Sure you have, look at the x-rays.

It wasn't moto related, but it has become an annoying PITA. It doesn't limit me, just hurts like heck from time to time.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I can't recall my feet ever being wet in my Oxtars and I have rode in the rain numerous times so I think they are pretty much watertight...I have nothing to complain about these boots. It seems like the TCS system would work under most road crashes but at track speeds or getting run over I'm not sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Max Deutch said:
Wow, I thought I was the only one. I went to the doc with some ankle pain and he said it was from where I broke my ankle. Broke my ankle? I've never broken my ankle. Sure you have, look at the x-rays.

It wasn't moto related, but it has become an annoying PITA. It doesn't limit me, just hurts like heck from time to time.
Same here! It's hard to be so damn tuff you can't tell the difference between a spranged ankle and fractures or worse, actually broken! :cool:

·
Registered
522 Posts
if it's good enough for Colin Edwards it's good enough for me (Sidi Vertebra). :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
the sidis and the oxtars do not fit the same...my feet, as were some feet of others that i know, have feet that are too wide for the sidis. I found the oxtars TCS Sport boots to be extremely comfy and offered the same if not more features as the sidis at a lower price. had them for a few thousand miles on road/canyons and 3 trackdays and they are great...not one bad thing to say about them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okayl, I have finally decided on the Oxtars. I found a local dealer who had a couple of pairs to try on - just not the right color. I am already too Power Rangerish, so I went with Black/Silver over the Blue, which is the color of almost every other piece of gear. They are very comfortable. I can't speak about the Sidi 'cause no one around me has them. Now, I am just waiting.......they should be here next week along with my leather pants.

·
Registered
8 Posts
congrats, you will love them. get used to the squeak tho. Give them at least a weeks worth of riding to get them broken in. I was afriad the first time i wore them, because it made it difficult to shift and feel the pegs beneath my feet, but now i can't ride without them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
MAD1 said:
I was afriad the first time i wore them, because it made it difficult to shift and feel the pegs beneath my feet, but now i can't ride without them.
That's the same thing I thought when I got my Sidi Vert 2's. But after a few weeks they are loosing up, and laso starting to squeak. Gotta hit them with some WD40

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I received my Oxtars today! They fit very well and are comfortable. And yes, I sound like a mouse. I will soon find out how well they hold up in the rain.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts