Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple of us were talking about going there for some dirt riding but none of us had ever been there before. does anyone know if you have to pay to ride the trails or track or whatever they have there? what days youre allowed to go there and at what times? do you have to wear certain gear?

thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
You can call for what days they have open riding.. They're usually open except for days after rain or whatever. I don't believe I had to pay last time I went. they trails are all lined with trees/shrubery... you'd kinda disappear from anyone trying to watch...

·
Registered
358 Posts
You need to buy a day pass for riding on the dirt bike trails, There are three loops to ride on along with a kid corral.262-878-5600 will give you all the daily info you need.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Like said above, you need a day pass unless you want to buy a yearly pass because it is a state run park. Then if you have bikes I believe you do not need anything special, but if you have an ATV.....the ATV needs to have current registration. All that can be done right there if you are not current.

They have three boring relatively flat loops, great for trail type riding but not good if you are looking to practice jumping or want to climb some hills. Although it has been quite a while since I was there, it might have changed, but I would bet it is still the same. Gets boring rather quick. But then again if you are planning on riding the mini bikes, the fun might last longer.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Got the goods (ie info):

The trails are open daily from 9:00am to sunset depending on conditions. The conditions are updated throughout the day (ie today the trails openned at 11:00am after they dried up).

Cost - park entrance:

$5 daily pass
$20 yearly pass for WI residents (good at all WI state parks)
$30 yearly pass for non-WI residents (good at all WI state parks)

Cost -per bike:

$4 daily pass
$15 yearly pass for WI residents

They have no requirements on gear but highly suggest helmets and prohibit riding 2-up. Anyone under the age of 18 is required to wear a helmet.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Are these trails speed regulated?

·
Registered
324 Posts
The trails are basically sinlge file, not wide enough to pass safely. So the speed is regulated by who ever is out there when you are there.

If you have full grown bikes (no minis) you might be more interested in going to Wisconsin Rapids area and go to Dyracuse. They have trails and two tracks. The trails would be ok for the minis and maybe one of the tracks, but the one track is a sand track and I don't think sand and minis mix very well. But in any case the fun factor is worth the 3 hour drive.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
ShaneTbolt said:
If you have full grown bikes (no minis)
We're going out there with the :fiddy

So far it's me, Dave, Andy, Steve, Lil Steve, and possibly Mike and Jer.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
ShaneTbolt said:
If you have full grown bikes (no minis) you might be more interested in going to Wisconsin Rapids area and go to Dyracuse. They have trails and two tracks.
I've actually been thinking about going up there and checking this place out. I've heard good things about it.

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moses said:
We're going out there with the :fiddy
were going to Barbies trails. not bong.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Bong is rather boring like said above. I've been there a couple of times. Might be funny on the mini's because the trails are relatively smooth. If it is muddy, don't even bother. If you guys are doing something like this let me know.

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we probably will in a few weeks. id really like to get another set of rims before then so i can switch back and forth from my street to dirt tires.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
davisa said:
were going to Barbies trails. not bong.
I know we're going to Barbie's trails this weekend. I was mainly telling Shane that we were taking the :fiddy to Bong (not "full grown bikes") and that it would probably be that group...

I was trying to let everyone see who all had one with the hopes that more might think about getting one...so that we could start the WI50M (WI 50 Mafia)

:eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
So, are you guys riding 50's or big bikes or anything tonight?

·
50cc's of Honda power!
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the big bike has like 4 miles on it this year. the 50 has 27,000 this month. :) where do you wanna ride?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts