Sport Bikes banner

Which actor was the best Bond?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to confess I'm sorta a James Bond nerd, not on the level that some of you trekkies may be but I really like the James Bond series.

Read the other day that Pierce Bronson was going to quit playing Bond. The choices they named for a replacement were a joke to

Hugh Grant (WTF???)
Ewan McGregor
Erica Bana
Colin Firth
Hugh Grant (probably the best choice)

So before they pick a new one, who do you think the best Bond has been so far?

EDIT: Guess i should pick. I think by far Connery was the best followed by Bronson, then Moore. Dalton was horrible as Bond
 

·
Valiant Poultry
Joined
·
15,151 Posts
I haven't seen TONS of Bond movies...so I'm gonna have to say my favorite is Brosnan...because I've seen all of his and thought he was really good in them.

My second choice would be Connery. Then Moore. I'll agree, Dalton was in the worst one I saw...and he didn't do well in it himself...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts
Why do you say Dalton was bad? Living Daylights resurrected the Bond films from the Joke that Moore had made them. Octopussy? Spy Who Loved Me? Garbage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Bronson was the man.... I think it would be cool if Connery gave it a go one last time as a semi retired bond......... But Colin Firth would also be a cool replacement....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Stimy25 said:
Bronson was the man.... I think it would be cool if Connery gave it a go one last time as a semi retired bond......... But Colin Firth would also be a cool replacement....
He kinda did in "The Rock". Not a Bond film, but he did play a bad-ass ex-British secret agent.

As for my pick, I'd have to go with Connery, although Brosnan is a very close second. I used to think he would make a good Bond when he played on "Remington Steele".

"That other guy" was George Lazenby. He only did one Bond film, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".
 

·
Valiant Poultry
Joined
·
15,151 Posts
gpTT said:
"That other guy" was George Lazenby. He only did one Bond film, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".


Many people say that if he had done more, he'd have by far been the best...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
I have to say Sean Connery by far was the best Bond ever. He is still hot! Brosnan was a decent Bond, I really didn't like Moore or Dalton as Agent 007.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,267 Posts
OK, new script from the drunken twisted mind of KH...... ahhh what was i on about now????

















ahhhhh yes, how about a bronson spy dood K? and the man Shawn <-- thats my name "proper" spelt .... acting semi retired, helping Mr.Too Sexy fer hiz BVD's bronson...... Shawn could be a sort of replacement for the much loved gaget naker/helper to get too sexy outta the poo. Think it would fly?? Send my story to steven spielburger I'm prolly gunna be rather I'll since its light out and I'm still nursing greenies...... :alky :alky :alky :headbang :nerd
 

·
Valiant Poultry
Joined
·
15,151 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
OK, new script from the drunken twisted mind of KH...... ahhh what was i on about now????

















ahhhhh yes, how about a bronson spy dood K? and the man Shawn <-- thats my name "proper" spelt .... acting semi retired, helping Mr.Too Sexy fer hiz BVD's bronson...... Shawn could be a sort of replacement for the much loved gaget naker/helper to get too sexy outta the poo. Think it would fly?? Send my story to steven spielburger I'm prolly gunna be rather I'll since its light out and I'm still nursing greenies...... :alky :alky :alky :headbang :nerd


Ummm...yah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Connery is the man, he is one of my fav actors of all time, I aspire to be like him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,239 Posts
I'd have to say Pierce. He was just a damn smoot fellow. Not saying that the others weren't. Maybe I just like the more modern look of the latest Bond movies over the older movies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
Pierce Brosnan is my favorite. As was mentioned, he played the role really well and I liked the modern look of the Bond movies. Sean Connery is a great actor, but I haven't seen too many of his Bond movies; I've seen more of Roger Moore's.

I'm not sure who would make a good "new" James Bond. With some of the casting decisions that I have read about (in particular, the new Superman), I hope the Bond people make the right choice.
 

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SlowCBR said:
I'm not sure who would make a good "new" James Bond. With some of the casting decisions that I have read about (in particular, the new Superman), I hope the Bond people make the right choice.
I believe they selected Erica Bana from "The Hulk" "Black Hawk down"
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top