Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full-show 1st Gen Busa. Liquid Metal silver, rivets for miles. Pinup girls on the sides and aicraft logos on most panels. This bike has had a 12"over swingarm with 300mm rear tire on PM wheels, air ride, custom body mods, custom frame, aftermarket mirrors, grips, rearsets, everything. Has won every show it's been in for 2 years.

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This weekend the Bomber Busa took Best Overall, Best Paint and first in Sportbike Extreme at the Capital City Bike Show, adding to it's wins this year at World of Wheels, the Wide Open Bike Show and Darryl Starbirds Custom Show.

·
Just hanging brain.
2,686 Posts
Not really my style, but it does look pretty badass. I like that its not covered in chrome and purple tribal flames. Its actually a pretty subtle, classy design. Is this one of your personal bikes or a customer bike you worked on?

Congrats on all the wins! :cheers :dblthumb

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a customer bike that has allowed us to 'just do our thing' on. The owner is only interested in showing the bike, so we were turned loose with it. The pictures dont show how 'shiny' the silver is, but it is a special type of paint that mimics fresh stamped aluminum. Not chrome, not polished aluminum, but bright, fresh aluminum panelling. It's a pain to shoot and we have had to redo panels because of paint problems, but overall it was a terrific project. It will be getting a bunch of ghost mural work for next year's bike show season. Until then, it will be on display at our showroom.

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Not to knock the bike or anything, cause it's easy to see it's a nice bike. But I'm just curious about what kind of individual it taks to throw down a bunch of cash....for a bike he won't ride.....and that will sit in somebody's showroom.

Sorry, I just can't figure out why some people do that stuff.

Good work on the bike though. :cheers

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justin726: I'm TOTALLY on the same page as you. However, we do about 6 bikes a year that are 'show-only', so apparently there is a market for it.

The owner of the Bomber Busa is a terrific guy. He's active duty Military and ends up gone from home a lot, away from his wife and two young children. He's ridden for a long time, but I think he enjoys spending time on the bike show circuit with his family and being around the 'carnival atmosphere' more than he likes risking everything riding on the streets. It's just his thing. Personally,

I can't say much, as street riding doesn't really 'do it' for me much anymore either. I get a b***** kick out of the repair and paint side of it than trying to get an adrenaline rush carving corners in the middle of nowhere. So, that's my thing. c'est la vie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts