Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I happily sold myself into $6250 worth of debt for my '04 Liquid Silver FZ6 :leghump . Normally I would be bouncing off the walls with excitement and probably humping it until I got registered. Problem was, I live close to NoVa (near Harrisonburg if anyone's from there.) We went to Early's Cycle since we're friends with the guys there, test drove a Honda 599, YSF-600R, decided on the FZ6, they didn't have any there but the gentlemen was sure he could find me one. Fast forward, we called 5 VA dealerships, 2 in WVA, one in PA, (All Yamaha dealers of course) and a couple in NC. None had any FZ6s, except one in Charlotte. and we didn't find that one until the day after. The frustration is tangible, I basically won't get the bike til next week since they have drive down and pick it up in Charlotte (4ish hours away) :chair . Did anyone else have this much trouble getting their's? but aside from this I'm looking for a long a loving relationship with the bike (Unless I find a good deal on a Road Star Warrior a year or two down the road, sorry guys :cool: ) Anyway, glad I found this website, everyone seems extremely helpful and enjoyable to talk with.

Until something breaks...
Chris

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Hagrunimar said:
Well, today I happily sold myself into $6250 worth of debt for my '04 Liquid Silver FZ6 :leghump . Normally I would be bouncing off the walls with excitement and probably humping it until I got registered. Problem was, I live close to NoVa (near Harrisonburg if anyone's from there.) We went to Early's Cycle since we're friends with the guys there, test drove a Honda 599, YSF-600R, decided on the FZ6, they didn't have any there but the gentlemen was sure he could find me one. Fast forward, we called 5 VA dealerships, 2 in WVA, one in PA, (All Yamaha dealers of course) and a couple in NC. None had any FZ6s, except one in Charlotte. and we didn't find that one until the day after. The frustration is tangible, I basically won't get the bike til next week since they have drive down and pick it up in Charlotte (4ish hours away) :chair . Did anyone else have this much trouble getting their's? but aside from this I'm looking for a long a loving relationship with the bike (Unless I find a good deal on a Road Star Warrior a year or two down the road, sorry guys :cool: ) Anyway, glad I found this website, everyone seems extremely helpful and enjoyable to talk with.

Until something breaks...
Chris

When I bought mine in March of this year, I found two dealerships that had two each and one dearlership that had one in stock. This is probably not the case now this late in the year.

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
I would imagine this late in the year they would be a bit harder to come by seeing as Yamaha didn't bring a whole bunch of them over for the first year.

When I bought mine back in February, all three dealers by me had one, or were getting one in.

·
Registered
850 Posts
got mine about a month ago - had to have it shipped from Denver, CO to Texas.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just got mine a few days ago... I called EVERY dealer (not kidding) in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Utah over the last three weeks. None.

The dealer I bought it from (Renton Motorcycles in Washington) just happened to buy one at a dealers-only, sealed-crate auction. The dealers bid from only looking at the crate, which had a gouge in the front. Turns out the bike had a crack in the fairing. They then sold it to me at MSRP and made a fat profit from it. The dealer is going to replace the fairing, so at least they are doing that much for me.

·
Registered
819 Posts
well you guys arent the only ones having trouble finding them... Im in Sydney Aus, and we have a 6-8 weeks backorder, the dealer told me that there is 20 units coming on the next ship but there are 15 red backordered 10 silver and 5 black, feel sorry for the ppl that have to wait... i was lucky enought that a sale feel through and that my dealer could get it from up the coast (6hrs north)... i dont think i could wait the 8 weeks for a bike... i have just click up 800km and cant wait to open her up on some straight HWY...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just got my FZ6 last week and had the same problem. Not a single dealer in all of VA, MD, PA had one new on the floor that was available for dealer transfer and more would not be available until the 05 release in Feb-Mar.

Fortunately I stumbled across a used 04 with low miles at a great price saving me well over 1k off new. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I got mine in May, they had one on the floor, but it had a scratch on the back. I waited over the weekend for them to get an uncrated one put together, they had about 4 or 5 I think.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine was sitting on the showroom floor for 2 months. After many visits I finally broke down and bought it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called 5 dealerships in the NoVA area when I was looking for mine. Each dealership only had one available. Which of course means they were all inflating their prices....except for one, which got my business. Some dealers were asking $1500 over MSRP without tax, tags, and freight so I was glad to get mine at $6500 OTD.

Yamaha didn't think it would sell so well in its initial year in the US so they didn't have enough supply for the demand.

Oh, and I got mine at the beginning of May and haven't seen another one at any other dealerships I've visited since.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well you guys arent the only ones having trouble finding them... Im in Sydney Aus, and we have a 6-8 weeks backorder, the dealer told me that there is 20 units coming on the next ship but there are 15 red backordered 10 silver and 5 black, feel sorry for the ppl that have to wait... i was lucky enought that a sale feel through and that my dealer could get it from up the coast (6hrs north)... i dont think i could wait the 8 weeks for a bike... i have just click up 800km and cant wait to open her up on some straight HWY...
Damn you Everyone else but the US, you have the bad ass unfaired versions with the unified headlight :a2 I think the unfaired ones look bad ass as hell, not that the stateside version is lacking, plus you have the excellent solid red and black colors (My guess is that those'll come out for the '05 models, mainly to irritate me :finger ) but I can find some solace in the fact that I'm not the only one on loam for a new Fazer. Out of curiosity, does anyone have/anyone tried converting a US bike to unfaired Euro-style? Looking at the picture it seems you'd just need the integrated turn signal/headlight piece and some rewiring. Any Euro chums have a price on that gem? I'd put the picture I have up but it appears I can't add attatchments.

·
Registered
291 Posts
This late in the season, I'd wait for the 05s although I know it's easier said than done, and there's always the possibility it may not be until Feb. There should be some preliminary specs coming out very soon though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Meh, already sealed the deal, I wouldn't imagine -too- much would change for the 05' but that's probably me being optimistic :) . I actually am somewhat sure however they're going to change the FZ1 to being sassy like our bikes (Dual underseat exhaust, fancy pants gauges, etc) for the 05's, so I'm not so sure what we'd get.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Easy to find in Chicago... Only talked to one dealer that DIDN'T have one.

In the end, a dealer in Wisconsin gave me the best deal. Shame the dealer 2 blocks from my house didn't want to talk... Their loss. http://www.nielsens.com north of Chicago had one in blue if anyone is desparate. Like I said, they wouldnt talk to me though?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I checked out Early's a month ago in Harrisonburg and they had one silver one left. My parents live there and generally bike prices are better and the dealers in Harrisonburg are fantastic with customers. I bought mine in Va Beach for about the same price. It was a floor model that had been there for a little while. I was planning on a weekend ride with my parents in Harrisonburg ( Blue Ridge Parkway), but not sure now due to the uncertainty of the hurricane.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Champion Motorsports had a silver one there when I was there last. My blue had been sitting there for a couple months. 7034716990 If you want to check. I think they're open till 7 p.m. and are located in Herndon.

Loudoun Motorsports had a blue one, too. They wanted to sell it to me for something outrageous, though. I go there for services because it's 5 minutes away.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Damn you Everyone else but the US, you have the bad ass unfaired versions with the unified headlight I think the unfaired ones look bad ass as hell, not that the stateside version is lacking, plus you have the excellent solid red and black colors (My guess is that those'll come out for the '05 models, mainly to irritate me ) but I can find some solace in the fact that I'm not the only one on loam for a new Fazer. Out of curiosity, does anyone have/anyone tried converting a US bike to unfaired Euro-style? Looking at the picture it seems you'd just need the integrated turn signal/headlight piece and some rewiring. Any Euro chums have a price on that gem? I'd put the picture I have up but it appears I can't add attatchments.
Now thats a great idea mate... the headlight on mine looks hella sweet it almost looks like a love heart... the bike looks so much more meater in naked version... but hell sometimes i wish i had some fairing...ohh by the way i got the go!!!!!!! fast silver one :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
when I bought mine in may, it was the only one within six hours of me if not in the whole state of alaska.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bough mine in June of this year at a dealer here in PA. They had one of each color and two more on order. Probably out of stock for season ... or something like that/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts