Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently bought a Buell XB12s. I went for a test ride on it and the acceleration was very impressive. Now that I am back on mine, I feel like it has lost something. I probably just never noticed because it was gradual, but what are some things that would get worn out? I was debating new plugs, but I only have about 13,000 miles. I thought they were supposed to go a lot longer than that. Also, at about 3-4K on the tach, my bike really lurches when I just cruising. It is very annoying. I have a '98 TLS with a full Yosh system. It has not been reprogrammed. The lurching just started this year. Any tips would be appreciated. The bike still runs great at higher RPM's, just in that little range. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pc Ii

Where do I find a PCII now? I looked on E-bay and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
ckeck your clutch springs

The clutch springs may need to be replaced if your bike feels as though it is boging down. At highway speeds in the upper gears, under accelleration does the motor spin up before it picks up speed? If so then check those springs.

:beer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't noticed the motor spin up before it picks up speed. However, I do know that if I am stopped, I cannot shift into neutral because the clutch is slightly engaged, even if I have the clutch lever pulled all the way in. If I give it gas with the clutch lever all the way in, I can feel the clutch plates slip like they should and then I can put it in neutral, but at idle, the plates seem to engage slightly. I have also noticed that if I roll along slowly, just enough to get some tension on the chain, and then go WOT, the bike will go, but not like it used to :a2 . It just seems slow. I really need to get it tuned up and then find one of the reprogrammers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Roll the bike back and forth a little to get into neutral. Check the shift lever condition too. Mine was bent. A new one made a ton of difference. I made mine GP shift too and it is easier for me anyways. As far as the bogging, the 3-4k bog is a design error by Suzuki. They offered a replacement ecu but it has less power. A teka box tune or pc mapped properly should cure that on the stock ecu just fine though. I would check the plugs, they aren't too bad, lower the radiator to get to the front one and raise the gas tank to get to the rear one. Have one of those claw things to get the plug out of the hole though as it can be a pain. I put some of the iridium NGK ones on mine, I don't remember which ones though. It just wouldn't fire at all one day, didn't notice any real power loss leading up to it though. I would check on TLplanet.com too. They have a ton of info there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts