Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, the more i ride, the more i realize i need more protection for my safety. ive been riding about 2 years, and now ride in an HJC helmet, Fieldsheer armor jacket, gloves, and superduty 2 pants. as the pants dont provide much protection, ive been saving up money to get better lower-body protection. basically im in a dilemma of purchasing Bohn Body Armor (about $150) for wearing under my superduty jeans or spending the extra 150-200 and getting full leathers.

i do no knee dragging or any of that business, i do love the twisties tho. the protection would be moreso for if i ever went down (knock on wood).

suggestions?

·
5,455 Posts
well i have two different gear setups: Fieldsheer leather suit with Sidi Vertigos or Alpinestars SMX-3's or Alpinestars textile jacket with Teknic textile pants and Fieldsheer Positano boots (touring type boots).

i use the leathers and race boots when i'm just out riding and the textile stuff for short trips and commuting. the leathers (perforated) are sooo much cooler than the textile stuff.

the pads under the jeans definitely sounds more practical, but you'll still lack the abrasion resistance of leather.

i'd say pick up a leather suit and maybe some of those Icon knee/ shin pads so you'll have two different setups.

·
Duc hunter
1,269 Posts
The body armor sounds like its more suited for impact resistance as opposed to helping when you're sliding across the pavement. Having smacked the pavement pretty good and slid all in one crash myself, my vote is to get the leathers (which usually have armor built into them already). I ended up flopping onto my stomach and sliding backwards, so any pants that may not tuck into boots or a jacket that doesn't attach to pants would just slide on up in such a situation. That leaves important stuff exposed to just scrape across the ground. No bueno...

·
I can pass this guy...
8,167 Posts
Leathers FTW~

Get a set of Teknic violators. About $800, but many companies are selling them for $500. They are a good suit! I race in one!

·
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after doing a good amount of research for the past few weeks, ive decided i will probably purchase a pair of leather pants (Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 Pants Perforated - Read Reviews and Buy at KneeDraggers.com). the pants will do exactly what i need them to do, protect my lower body without spending extra money on upper body as i already have my textile armored jacket, which provides moer than enough protection. its in my price range and although it is worth spending the extra 200$ on a full suit, im gonna hold off until next year were i can save up some extra cash. im only 20 and go to college full time so its not easy saving up 5 or $600!

·
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
S-T-F-U COLIN. haha.

just incase i go down, better to be safe than sorry.

and speaking of that, when are we riding? its been gorgeous out bro

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Competition Accessories: Automotive, Motorcycles, Atv, Outdoor, Sports, Recreation, Events, Rally, Bike Week has AGV leather suits for 300.00

so does Dunlop tire, agv helmets, bridgestone motorcycle tires, avon motorcycle tires, tourmaster which is where I bought mine at on internet special for $257 shipped!!

I posted it up a couple times and do not feel like looking for the link, but an expensive suit will not hold up any better than a cheaper suit.

Oh yea and IM honored that someone with such a perfect av would quote me :D

·
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
636, thanks alot for the links, im checking them out right now. 300 is in my price range, and you cant beat a full leather for that price at all. i appreciate the links and ill let everyone know what i decide to go with.

and honored is the perfect word to use. haha. enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts