I have nothing now but plan on one of these in 20 years maybe :p

Vega 3300CC Hydra-Sport
:headbang

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CasterTroy said:
My family (not me personally) has a 32 ft pontoon that we dock the seadoos to and a 18 ft dixie I/O we ski behind.....been a boating family since I can remember

Damn thats awesome..

We have been as well but didn't really start getting into them until my cousin bought a 23' scout and we started taking that thing out... wow what a blast

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have had a boat since I was 14... a '69 15.5ft Rebel... yeah!!! Sea foam green fiberglass, with a bored and stroked 65 HP Johnson putting out 87 HP... yeah!!! Hell its been winched off the bottom of the lake at least once!

Picture a 16 yr. old kid pulling this POS behind a 1978 Buick Lesaber Limited that was totaled and held together by duct tape! Everybody knew I could catch some damn fish!

OK so I may have some "red" tendancies, but I loved that boat, had to retire her after the transome broke while tied to the dock. Come back after lunch only to find 2 floating gass tanks and my rope going straight into the water! Motor is still damn good and I plan on making a mini boat like the one in the James Bond movie with the motor.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
I want one real bad. I would have to get rid of the bike to get one though. I just like to wake board. I live near water also.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stephen072774 said:
I have 2 kayaks and a canoe, they get great gas mileage!! I love to play around in the rivers, and rapids, I live on a nice size creek.

Damn thats a cool looking shark. Me and my family used to go white water rafting @ Nantahala. Nothing to big but still a blast :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
i just sold my bike and bought a 88 19ft bayliner...just something to have some fun on, been wakeboarding and just cruising around on it...tons of fun

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I had a boat all my life...until my dad sold it a few years ago. Haven't had one since...

My uncle has one though...let me see if I can find a picture of it...

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Ahhh...here it is...it's the same boat that's linked to here.

Cost him somewhere in the neighborhood of $350,000 bucks.

Attachments

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
02gixxer600 said:
Thats a beautiful watercraft your uncle has. Maybe youll get it one day ??? ;)

He traded in his 32 foot SeaRay Sundancer to get that Tiara.

He was gonna sell the SeaRay to my dad for the same price they gave him on trade...$29,000 bucks for a boat with brand new outdrives, and less than 200 hours on the clock. But my mom wouldn't let my dad buy it, because she was afraid that they wouldn't ever go on any real vacations again...that all they would do would be go out on the boat...

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
Ahhh...here it is...it's the same boat that's linked to here.

Cost him somewhere in the neighborhood of $350,000 bucks.

That's a good price for that size boat...never heard of Tiara's...been out of it for a few years.

Used to sail every year for quite awhile until I joined the military. I miss it alot. One day i'll have either the 48 or 56ft Nautor Swan.

http://www.nautorgroup.com/

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Rascus said:
That's a good price for that size boat...never heard of Tiara's...been out of it for a few years.

Used to sail every year for quite awhile until I joined the military. I miss it alot. One day i'll have either the 48 or 56ft Nautor Swan.

http://www.nautorgroup.com/

I've never sailed before, but I can honestly say that if I were to ever drop the money on a LARGE boat (anything over about 45 feet or so) I'd definitely learn to sail and get a sail boat...I love them...they look SO awesome...

However, if I were getting something HUGE (like over 90 feet or so), I'd go with just a regular power yacht.

·
20,262 Posts
oh yea...anything over 60ft i'd get a powerboat most likely. You lose the fun out of sailing with anything b*****. Having a boat heeled over, fighting the rudder as water starts coming in over the leeward side....awesome

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Geeze Rascus, ahh should I call ya "Sir" :) man o Man Swans are some of the baddest and most comfortable yachts made! WoooWeeee! Nice stuff man, living in Hawaii is sure one of the coolest places to be if your into boats.
The water around here don't come much nastier anywhere else in the world and if ya can sail Hawaiian waters you can pretty much handle anything.
I was lucky, my Dad was Commodore of the Hawaii Yacht Club so I've been on some boats to drool over also. Mostly racers, Swans are a whole nother world. Nice combination of speed and all the comforts of a millionaires mansion LOL.
I had a 46 foot Peterson for almost 4 years till Pop's sold it to someone. He was playing in the buy and sell market so we had a nice new toy about every 8 months or so. My Mom and I prefer Sailboats, Dad was a stinkpotter to the max... hehe but I gotta admit I had nothing against his toy, a 72 foot Stryker Sport fisher. Had 2 V-10 Mann Turbo/Supercharged water inter-cooled diesels rated at a Conservative 2180 HP at 1350 rpm Had a 3/4 inch fuel line to each engine, held 6,000 gallons of diesel! Went almost 50 knots!
That thing was awesome, I'd surf the wake with it going about 22mph and have a 5-6 foot near perfect barrel that went as long as Dad was tired of going slow fishin :) That was so cool.

The top pic is my little put put a 22 foot Liberator by Four Winns had a 502 alloy marine chevy in the thing good for almost 80mph. Belonged to a business partner of my Dad he lived in Japan and left it with me for safe keeping? ;) :headbang Killer wakeboard boat made a nice wake for major lift. Belonged to Na Alii Water Ski Club in Kehei Lagoon out on the islands lived out there every weekend.
Under it is the one of the 2 vettes my Dads partner bought sent one to Japan and basically gave me the other to drive when he was in Japan. (about 11 months in Japan maybe 1 here)

The bow I'm laying by is the Stryker. Had 2 750 Stand up Jet Skis on the bow with a hard bottom Avon with a 90 hp Merck. You can kinda see the davit used to lower em into the water. That boat also belonged to Pop's partner, he had more dollars than cents thats for sure. He financed everything and we had a ball, the guy had 2 houses on Hawaii Loa Ridge!

I couldn't find any decent pics of the Peterson. Heres one out in front of Waikiki with gal I met from New Zealand when the Kenwood Cup was going on.
I got to sail with Dennis Conner in 2 races, that guy is a lunatic. Takes some major risks but a dam good sailor.

Another pic of a huge power boat that was like a 4 bedroom house on the water. It was 81 feet 22 feet wide and a bitch to drive in the slip if it was the least bit windy.... The Stryker had bow thrusters made it a breeze this behemoth didn't, and it's props were so close together they had hardly no effect in maneuvering it. A real POS of Taiwan junk only good thing it had was NSU engines v-16's the size of a full size car. Thing was a fast boat for its size.

The little Boston Whaler at the bottom was a ROCKET, a Busa for the water. Don't laugh. It was a toy belonged to one of Mercury's winningest SST-140 drivers. Rated for 90HP LOL it had a V-6 2.5 liter fuel injected Bridgeport Merc Race motor on it putting out close to 400HP! Had a 5 blade 32 inch pitch prop 17.5 inches in diameter with a speedmaster drive, that thing was the most dangerous thing I ever seen on the water cepting those Top Fuel Drag Boats. At speed it would get air under the tunnels and start chime walking tipping from on to the other hairy ass shit!
Dam thing was clocked at the Pearl Harbor Hydro Plane races at 106mph for a lap of the course! Rap the throttle let it off and smack it on again and it would bunny hop 5 feet out of the water!
I did a speed run behind it on a wakeboard and ate shit at about 80 mph I never imagained how hard that water is at that speed, broke 3 ribs and ripped the ligaments and tendons off my right knee.... Dum Dum thing to do.....
Welp thats my boat stories, LOL miss the things sure would be nice to have one of those Swans........ :drool Thats one reason I like sail over power, the level of luxury on a power boat costs way to much to go from point a to b compared to a boat like a Swan. :drool

Attachments

·
20,262 Posts
Now....if i wanted something that would haul some serious ass i'd get a Fountain powerboat. You can get up to 3,000hp in one of these bad boys...that's pushing you over 80kts, :headbang

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rascus, thats amazing man. Those are just unreal sailboats.
KH, you have some nice boats as well, hopefully i will be able to hit up hawaii one day.. looks real nice there and hopefully I will be able to afford a boat too :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts