Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here. Ive been a lurker for a while.

My name is Hernan.Active duty Army. Stationed in Ft Hood TX.

I own a 2012 S1000RR. Bike is great with a LOT of power. Just last night I finished installing a full akra race exhaust,PCV, AR carbon tank covers,badge holders and full belly. I have some pazzo levers on the way. The Bike feels way better with the full exhaust and Im loving it. I thought I would finally post since I have some pics to go with it!

Enjoy!

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
Wow that bike is gorgeous. The S1000RR is ridiculously fast bone stock, I can't imagine a full system.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Wow that bike is gorgeous. The S1000RR is ridiculously fast bone stock, I can't imagine a full system.
That's what I was thinking. Overkill on top on overkill. Not that there's anything with overkill. Nice bike, OP.

·
Resident Breast Inspector
3,285 Posts
That blue is a hot colour. I like everything about it except the rear fender: it has got to go

Reactions: hernan

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
Actually read a few tests in German bike mags and no exhaust systems, even full ones, they tested bested the stock system in terms of power out put.
The Akra certainly does look better though.

Nice bike OP.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Nice bike! Do any Track Days down here?

Reactions: hernan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

Nice bike, are you in Heights or Killeen? If your down to hit fm2484 pm me!
Im up for it. Im going home for leave in a few days but whem I come back ill let you know. I usually ride 2484.

That blue is a hot colour. I like everything about it except the rear fender: it has got to go
Thanks!That is the next mod for sure.

Actually read a few tests in German bike mags and no exhaust systems, even full ones, they tested bested the stock system in terms of power out put.
The Akra certainly does look better though.

Nice bike OP.

:)Thanks you!!! The magazine probably just installed it as BMW recommends.That would be by itself with the stock o2 sensors. If that was the case, the AFR and mapping would be the same and that would make just a tiny change. But if a PCV is used then you can take full advantage of the exhaust. It was noticeable when I rode it( and I was skeptical about noticing power changes).
Nice bike! Do any Track Days down here?
no track days yet, id love to tho. Gotta look up if there are local tracks.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Definitely are some local tracks! Well, general area at least. MSR Cresson is closest to you in Cresson TX, then Eagles Canyon Raceway is in decatur, Texas World Speedway is in College Station, COTA in Austin, Harris Hill in San Marcos, MSR Houston in Houston, and GSS is somewhere.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definitely are some local tracks! Well, general area at least. MSR Cresson is closest to you in Cresson TX, then Eagles Canyon Raceway is in decatur, Texas World Speedway is in College Station, COTA in Austin, Harris Hill in San Marcos, MSR Houston in Houston, and GSS is somewhere.
did not know there was one in Austin! thats just a short ride away from me. Id like to take track lessons. Ill look into it! thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Oh lord. The fact that you did a full Akra system pretty much makes it the EXACT dream bike of mine. Grats and enjoy her in good health. Do some track days on that beast to fully utilize it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The one in Austin, Circuit of the Americas, is the new F1 track, so its currently $460/day with the only org that has one weekend there next summer. Check out

TrackTactics.org
RideSmart.Info
Lone Star Track Days ::: Motorcycle Track Days in Texas

these are the TX track organizations.
Thanks for the info!!!!!

Oh lord. The fact that you did a full Akra system pretty much makes it the EXACT dream bike of mine. Grats and enjoy her in good health. Do some track days on that beast to fully utilize it!
Thanks, will do!

·
Registered
57 Posts
First, that blue color is awesome and that is an awesome bike. Respect the power!

Second, LOL that you took the time/money to install a full exhaust but left on that fender! :bangdesk

I mean, I guess some people like not having dirt slung on their backs...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts