Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I've been hoping that there would finally be added a section specifically for us Beemer owners! Now, if there were only more of us to populate it! (crickets chirping in the background...)

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Achtung

How do you like that "K" bike?

I've been thinking I might like to have one in naked form.(can't remember what they call it)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Achtung said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I've been hoping that there would finally be added a section specifically for us Beemer owners! Now, if there were only more of us to populate it! (crickets chirping in the background...)
You're welcome... A buddy of mine is getting a Beemer and I wanted to get him to joing the site since I like it so much... so I made a suggestion and Fred liked it and VIOLA! there you have it!

Enjoy though...I will likely stick to my Hondas

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I've read lots of good reviews. Definitely a bike I could go for.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wow, it's surprising to see a BMW forum on SBN now! Very cool. They have some really sweet bikes around now... the K1200R being foremost, in my mind.

I'd really like to check out an R1100S or Rockster someday, but finances will probably keep me off of a BMW for quite some time to come. Damned things don't lose value quickly enough.

·
Registered
29 Posts
alaska cajun said:
Achtung

How do you like that "K" bike?

I've been thinking I might like to have one in naked form.(can't remember what they call it)

I love it! My last bike was an old K100, and I'll tell ya, there's really no comparison. I've got over 6000 miles on it now, after having it for about 2 months, and it still amazes me how nimble and powerful it is. I have no doubt that it will be many years, if ever, before I will have the skill to ride this machine to anywhere near it's potential.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sfarson said:
Well, I have an '01 R1100S and recently placed a K1200S next to it in the barn. Both are OUTSTANDING. If you don't mind some pics...
QUOTE]

Ahh, you got the grey one... Just out of curiosity, which options did you get on your "S" The reason I'm asking, is that I'm having to get my GPS replaced on warranty, because the touch-screen delaminated. Check this out...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Achtung said:
I love it! My last bike was an old K100, and I'll tell ya, there's really no comparison. I've got over 6000 miles on it now, after having it for about 2 months, and it still amazes me how nimble and powerful it is. I have no doubt that it will be many years, if ever, before I will have the skill to ride this machine to anywhere near it's potential.

Sounds good.

A friend up here has one,hopefully one day he'll let me ride it.

·
On a Ride
390 Posts
Achtung said:
sfarson said:
Well, I have an '01 R1100S and recently placed a K1200S next to it in the barn. Both are OUTSTANDING. If you don't mind some pics...
Ahh, you got the grey one... Just out of curiosity, which options did you get on your "S" The reason I'm asking, is that I'm having to get my GPS replaced on warranty, because the touch-screen delaminated. Check this out...
Well, BMW will take care of you if things go south. No options yet. Still in the break-in period but will be adding a Laser exhaust soon, and possibly an aftermarket seat. Outstanding bike isn't it :).

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Had to make a comment after seeing the R1100 title... I have a friend with a 2 year old R1100R and another with a seriously tricked out FZ1 both bikes are mind bloeers... but in the long run the R1100R is a top piece of machinery.

My buddy has a little over 30,000 miles on it and the bike could easily be placed on the shoroom and be mistaken for new...

Never was a big BMW fan but I must admit I like the R1100R wuite a bit. I know that Yamaha wont still be looking as good as the R is when it has the sort of miles on it even though it gets pampered beuond what most would do it doesnt have thequality the BMW does.

I know a German gal that rides a 1oo enduro... not sure on the exact model but its a paris dakkar rep, she went out with me for a year when she lived here and she is a killer rider managing to nearly always stay right in my mirrors even though she was on dualsport type tires!!!

Now if they coukd only do something with that darn "torque" reaction that is so unnerving to us inline guys.... that messes my ability to wheelie my buddies R1100R all up :D

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Achtung said:

6000 miles.... LOLz they said somewhere a BMW isnt even broken in until it has over 25,000 on it!!! :eek:nfloor

My friends R1100R has over 30,000 of honolulu hawaii miles on it and it could be put back on the showroom floor and sold as new if the odometer didnt tell a differnt story.... now if I didnt need to rob a bank I'd have one in the driveway.... L(

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The spy shots and rumor mills are going about a new R1200S (newer boxer motor) more horses, better tranny less weight, etc.

·
Vampire
594 Posts
THREAD REVIVAL!!!

Found it on local Craigslist few weeks ago, went out to take a look at it, within 6 hours of it being posted on Craigslist, I put a deposit on it for the purchase, it was simply too good of a deal to pass. Finally got it home tonight.

completely stock (unmolested) with heated grips and ABS.

I see Ohlins and BlackHole exhaust in the near future.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts