Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the oppurtunity to see the Blue Angels, and a variety of other planes (including an F-16, the custom made Oracle and others). If you haven't been to such an air show, take my word for it, you have too. The small planes can do some amazing air routines, but the jets are absolutely awesome. Shaking the ground with multiple jets doing low altitude, high speed fly overs. Absolutely amazing.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
All that fancy flying is nice but its nothing compared to an F-14 going supersonic about 500 feet away. I have felt that about 10 times while I was on the aircraft carrier.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2001FZ1 said:
All that fancy flying is nice but its nothing compared to an F-14 going supersonic about 500 feet away. I have felt that about 10 times while I was on the aircraft carrier.
That was what I was craving. I think it would be totally sweet for one (or maybe all 6 :banana ) to break the sound barrier right over head. I would love to get knocked on my azz and feel like I just got pounded on by a young Mike Tyson. (only if all my body parts stayed attached, though :lao ) But having never experienced it, I might not know what I'd be getting into. :urowned

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, the Blues are a blast to see. I got to meet Sean Tucker (pilot of the Oracle plane) just a week or two ago. He and another aerobatics plane came in for a bit to the ramp I work on. Both were very nice people. Also, up close, Sean's plane is SMALL.

Personally, I love the Blue's solo pilots (jets 5 and 6). Nothing like seeing F-18s doing max performance stuff just 300 feet off the ground at 550-600mph.

·
Registered
120 Posts
2001FZ1 said:

Actually what is really cool is watching a F-14 take off at sunset, doing a short field takeoff with afterburner! :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
sec8rcng said:
Actually what is really cool is watching a F-14 take off at sunset, doing a short field takeoff with afterburner! :lol :lol :lol
Now just imagine if it was a jet with REAL performance!! Got to pick on the tom-grapes a little bit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts