Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 GSX-R 750 and was doing a circle burnout when the tire caught and I did a mini high side and the bike went over kind of hard. I thought everything was fine besides the scratched plastic until I got to the stoplight and realized I was leaking coolant. The temp started to rise all the way up to 240 by the time I got it home. The leaking stopped as it sat in my garage, but as soon as I rode it down the road, I was getting a coolant spray on the side of my fairing. I was hoping the overflow resivour was just messed up but I cant figure out the problem. Maybe something is just blocking one of the hoses? Who knows.... HELP ME

·
Banned
912 Posts
On top of looking like a assbag you broke your shit thats the problem! You must be the only one that doesn't know you don't stunt with a 750. To much low end torque. Go buy a new rad. Man and us the bike for what it was made for Racen!

·
Registered
981 Posts
if u had a busted headgasket you wouldnt be "spraying" coolant. your oil would be very milky and ur compression will have dropped significantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol

I asked for help, not jackasses making ignorant comments. I asked this question cause im not a bike mechanic by any means, im just out there doing what I like to do. As for the stunting comment, I will take my 750 on the track and smoke you anyday. I have been on the track with it, and also on a '02 750 quite a bit. I would rather be stunting anyways. Sure the track is fun and there is actually sponsership and decent money in it, but I will stunt the 750 as good if not better than any of you shit talkers. Im not saying I am a pro, but when it comes to stunting your bike is going to eventually go down no matter what. I have done quite a few circle burnouts, this one just happened to be on a bad part of the parking lot. Maybe I should have payed more attention, but im not worried about it. My bike is fixed now and ill be out stunting today.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
I would check the hoses first, and if it's to hard for you to fix; I'll give $50 if it still runs!

·
Registered
1 Posts
to burnout guy

Chance are very good you damaged (what ever side you fell on) the radiator hose inlet or outlet. Its pretty common on these bikes when they fall over. Do not gett all nervious, just pull off a side fairing and take a look see. Let me know>>>

·
1,272 Posts
....$50....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HMm

The inlets for the hoses and the radiator mounts were slightly bent and the readiator cap which is supposed to act as a vent also was slightly bent so I had to get a new radiator cap and that is all. Thanks for the help though.

·
Banned
912 Posts
HighOnWheelies said:
I asked for help, not jackasses making ignorant comments. I asked this question cause im not a bike mechanic by any means, im just out there doing what I like to do. As for the stunting comment, I will take my 750 on the track and smoke you anyday. I have been on the track with it, and also on a '02 750 quite a bit. I would rather be stunting anyways. Sure the track is fun and there is actually sponsership and decent money in it, but I will stunt the 750 as good if not better than any of you shit talkers. Im not saying I am a pro, but when it comes to stunting your bike is going to eventually go down no matter what. I have done quite a few circle burnouts, this one just happened to be on a bad part of the parking lot. Maybe I should have payed more attention, but im not worried about it. My bike is fixed now and ill be out stunting today.
Dude just busten your nuts. I've been down to. I also just went one tooth down on the front because my bike is real front heavy. I'm getting addicted to stunten alittle to.

·
1,272 Posts
...$75...?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts