Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to fill the rad but it wasn`t filling so took the bolt out of the sump and yes water from rad was in the sump. I checked the cooling water pump and mech seal shot so last night put brand new pump in and left the oil drain plug out and started to refill the rad and yes water came running out of the sump...any suggestions on what people think may be problem... blown head gasket or head or liner?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It`s a race bike, fireblade bought from the bank. I had it going for like 4 min when I bought it just idiling, sounded great. when I got it home to charge up battery , noticed dry rad, so I added water and it went right to the sump. I replaced the cooling water pump as posted earlier and same thing. A dealer knew the bike and said it was never even raced or abused. Possible water left in over winter froze and cracked block or bad head gasket? just looking for some opinions

·
Banned
912 Posts
Cracked block! had the same thing happen to a buddy in Germany. Put the bike up in the winter and took it out in the summer only to buy a new bike! Sorry dude, see if you can get your money back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts