Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone recommend a completely blacked out chain? i only seem to find chans that have the silver rivets...im trying to find black on black for a xmas gift. Thanks again (for a stock r1 '08)

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
not to be a downer, but I'm guessing you wont find one. the plates are finished prior to assembly, but if they did that to the pins they would be marred durring assembly.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Your looking for a chain that is blacked out? I know Volar does colored chains my new chain is blue. The pins are not colored though.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I have to say it..... I know it's not what you want to hear, but I can't stop myself.

it's a chain. not an accessory. I don't get why people want colored ones. It's like the people that came on here a while ago asking about getting tires in colors other than black. Which, believe it or not, they actually made for a while. It didn't last long.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Ride bike.

Ignore chain... Watch it changes colors before your very eyes. Will be black in no time.

Reactions: F4sSprintST

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have to say it..... I know it's not what you want to hear, but I can't stop myself.

it's a chain. not an accessory. I don't get why people want colored ones. It's like the people that came on here a while ago asking about getting tires in colors other than black. Which, believe it or not, they actually made for a while. It didn't last long.
With colored chains there are two types of people, those that actively search for a specific color chain and those that get a chain and the chain has multiple available colors. With the chain I was getting for the budget that I had at the time, it had different options of colors so sue me for taking advantage of the options.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

it's a chain. not an accessory. I don't get why people want coloured ones.
Actually with my Motard when I was racing it they were pretty useful, The silver chain went with the 48 tooth rear sprocket the red was for the 44 tooth and the gold went on the 40. Depending on which track I was running and occasional run in the street dictated which gearing I used.

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
With colored chains there are two types of people, those that actively search for a specific color chain and those that get a chain and the chain has multiple available colors. With the chain I was getting for the budget that I had at the time, it had different options of colors so sue me for taking advantage of the options.
Does your gear matches your motorcycle colors?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Does your gear matches your motorcycle colors?
Hahaham and no, the color of my gear is irrelevant to anything I do with the bike. I am more concerned with making sure the bike runs the way it should rather than just making it look nice. If I can do both at the same time, i will, but function comes before form. After all the function is in the right place, then I might expand more into the form without sacrificing the function.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts