Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eventually I plan on getting a larger bike. What I am wondering is what it is about the Blackbird compared to Busas and zx12rs that made you choose the Blackbird. Also, are they still producing them or has Honda stopped.
I like having something different and I never see these. This is one of the reasons I like the Blackbird. I am wondering how they compare in power, speed, handling? I red in another post that a stock Busa wasn't that much faster if at all. Any comments are helpful.

By the way, factors in my decision are comfort for long rides, riding 2-up, having something different from the norm, lots of power is nice too. We do have some good (legal) drag racing areas around here. Not that I would do it much but heck, once in a while would be nice. I like going to the MTNS for twisties too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not trying to direct you away from SBN cuz it's a great site, but if you are looking for more info on the Blackbirds, this site may help you find what you need. My hubby has a '99 Blackbird that is an awesome bike. He also has an '04 ZX10 - the BB is far better for those long distance rides and 2-up. Hope this helps and I hope no one takes offense for steering you to a Blackbird specific site...

http://www.cbr1100xxforums.org/forum/

·
Palm City Nice Guy
2,503 Posts
You won't find an unhappy XX owner, they do everything well. I don't have time for riding anymore around here, too much traffic during the week for me and I'm remodeling my house. It lives in the dining area and in the way of GF's new furniture! I'll sell mine!...................

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts