Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I know pictures are worth 1000 words so here what I did this morning only ran into 1 small snag well pain in the arse one one of the disc brake rotor nut stripped on me then I tried a bolt extractor after drilling it and that snap too, well next choice was mr. dremel and cut off wheel well it worked finally and then everything fell into place like it was suppose to the first time.
I like to thank user Glowe for selling me the Black Rims..... took about a week to get to the east coast from the west but I think it looks Awsome !!
As you will see the first 2 pics have just the front wheel done and the next 2 are both completed and last is the strip bolt.

Attachments

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
I am spoiled with my "faster" 2005 Silver bike. The black rims came standard and look great. They even look good on the better handling but slower blue bike. :) Looks very good. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hmmmmm. I thought that I would really like this, but now that Im looking at it, I dont. To me it seems to need the silver there. Well the important thing is that you like it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have seen this on the slower silver model and it didn't look bad. However, I don't care for it on the faster blue model as it now looks like it is going 90 while sitting as opposed to 150. I am having the silver rims powdercoated bright blue in the spoke area and polished out (not chromed) in the shoulder area. I got the idea from the 2005 Buell XB12S brochure. Now my bike will look like it's going 180 while sitting, very cool....

Hawk

·
Thread Killer
255 Posts
That looks awesome! That should be the factory look. Really cool.

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
The black rims look sweet on the slower blue bike. Now it almost looks as fast as the faster silver one.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments, I thought the black makes it look stelthier and it does look better in person than in the pictures kinda reminds me of the R6 a litle more. Oh and I thought adding the Black rims added atleast 25HP so it should now outrun the flashy silver ones now :lol
If nothing else I got one of a kind of FZ6 no one else has now :neener

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
I really like the black rims on the blue bike. I might send mine out to be powder coated this winter.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DOUGHERTY said:
Now what I REALLY like is the black w/red stripe R6 rims on a blue bike.
You could order the colored rim stickers to get what ever color you like :lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FAZR6 said:
Those look badass, dude. Wonder how they'd look on the 04 silver?
Probably just as good but not as pretty :banana

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Here are some pictures on a silver 04

FAZR6 said:
Those look badass, dude. Wonder how they'd look on the 04 silver?
Ken_in_IL painted his rims black last year (thread search) and he has some good pictures in his Photo Gallery here:

Ken_in_IL's Photo Gallery

Ken said that the paint he used was satin black and made for aluminum surfaces. I believe that he bought the paint at Pep Boys.

I think that it looks good (quite better than on the blue bike) and am thinking of doing this myself. I would like to see some pics of a silver 04 with black R6 forks and black rims though. I hope that it isn't too much black.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I want to get the black rims for my '05....and the forks...lol

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I just realized why.

I just realized the reason why nobody knows what kind of bike I'm riding!!!

It's because most of the other owners of the FZ6 keeps "modifying" them! :eek:nfloor :phatyo

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
flipperMAN said:
Blue and black is a nice attack.

black and blue but still silver underneath!! ha ha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts