Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering what everyone is using on there Black Car's these day's, What is holding up to the elements, Whats easy to put on and take off, What really makes the paint shine and look deep and wet? Thanks

P.S This is more for my Car's then bikes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use Zymol liquid wax,easy on, easy off. It lasts well. I believe they make a formula for black now. I use regular as my bimmer is blue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've used Turtle in the past. It came with a hole box to strip the old wax, fill in any scratches with a black pre wax, and a finish coat of pure black beauty. It worked pretty well on my Audi. It even gave my C/F hood and trunk a darker tint to better match the rest of the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Turtle Wax Black Kit, It does ok, Zymol I haven't used it in years, At the time I didn't think it held up all that well, but it has been at least ten Years since i have tried it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive been using California customs. You can apply it in direct sun and let it dry. It just dusts right off. It doesn't scratch your paint either. Only downside is you have to reapply every 3-6 months.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Ive been using California customs. You can apply it in direct sun and let it dry. It just dusts right off. It doesn't scratch your paint either. Only downside is you have to reapply every 3-6 months.
downside? that seems to be better than anything I've ever used.
except maybe the turtle wax F21 polish. that's some decent stuff. which I don't even see on their site anymore. I got a can of mequires cleaner wax that doesn't seem to last but a few weeks at most. it stops beading water after 2-3 rains. it's garbage. along with that turtle wax ICE. that is complete shit. it's not a wax at all and only really works on brand new paint. works great on black plastic parts though.

some of the best stuff isn't available to the public just through dealers to detail shops.
the detailer my buddy uses for his car lot does an amazing job on old worn out looking paint. some of them look like they're less than a year or two old.
he gets all of his stuff through valvoline aka carbrite.
Car Brite | Professional Detailing Supplies & Auto Reconditioning Products

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I haven't liked Zymol since Turtle Wax bought them. I've been impressed with what I have seen from Zaino Brothers' waxes. But I haven't ordered from them yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Has anyone used any real high dollar wax, as in $100-500 can of wax? I was curious as to the quality.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I've used turtle, meguirs, and some off the brand stuff that came with my porter cable orbiter polisher. I think the off brand stuff worked the best. Black is a PIA. On my truck I wash it, clay it, wash it again (to get any left over clay residue) then wax it with the orbiter. Once a year I give it a good polish to get the swirl marks and fine scratches off, then wax it after the polish.

You really have to take care of it if you want the paint to look good since black really shows any flaws. My paint is a black sand pearl which has a purplish metallic tint and it really shows the swirl marks and scratches if the sun hits it right. Get a good orbital polisher and pads (not the cheap shit you can get at autozone), your arms and wrists will thank you and unlike a rotary, it's really hard to fuck up your clear coat. I turned what used to be a 2-3 hour wax job on my truck into about an hour.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hi, just wondering what everyone is using on there Black Car's these day's, What is holding up to the elements, Whats easy to put on and take off, What really makes the paint shine and look deep and wet? Thanks

P.S This is more for my Car's then bikes.
Please - find a fifth-grade student to give you some specific knowledge on exactly when to use an apostrophe.

I really tried to resist grammar-nazi tendencies, but I found it too difficult with this post.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Please - find a fifth-grade student to give you some specific knowledge on exactly when to use an apostrophe.

I really tried to resist grammar-nazi tendencies, but I found it too difficult with this post.
Thank you for the grammar lesson. I do not want to be a grammar guy, but Nazi is a proper noun, and should be capitalized. Before you correct someone, always take a long look at your self.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, rgbeard,Thanks,FoR T,he English Lesson./ Ifeel smarter already?

I Have a buffer but on this car I tend to like to do it by hand, When I had it redone it was a resto at a Top notch shop and I have a lot into it, I am worried that I would screw it up. I Have used Clay bar's before and may try it on this car since I have had great results with it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey, rgbeard,Thanks,FoR T,he English Lesson./ Ifeel smarter already?

I Have a buffer but on this car I tend to like to do it by hand, When I had it redone it was a resto at a Top notch shop and I have a lot into it, I am worried that I would screw it up. I Have used Clay bar's before and may try it on this car since I have had great results with it.

You didn't yet receive your lesson. And the lack of basic knowledge still shows.

Go find a fifth-grader for the lesson. I merely made a recommendation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The California customs m-ron glass. It wont hurt your paint. If you let it bake in the sun all day, it will look even better and it still comes off like dust. You can find it at almost any truck stop. The also have stuff for your chrome and leather.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I've used Meguiars in the past.

Want your car/toy to truly look top-notch? Use a clay bar.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts