Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially considering the demographic here, but does anyone happen to have or know of a diesel fired engine heater (the 3 top brands are Espar, Webasto, or Pro-Heat) that is for sale?

New, the system is good for 1400 bucks or more. I've been scouring the semi truck wrecking yards around and haven't found much. pretty rare someone sells em used.

they are phenomenal for warming up your engine before it's started. they tie into your fuel tank and use a small amount of fuel (we're talkin .2L/hr) and power from your batteries to power a heater and pump unit which actively pumps the coolant which the heater has warmed throughout the engine.

at -40C, they'll warm an engine like my iron block/iron head 5.9L in about 20 minutes. Not just warm enough to start, we're talking full operating temperature, with warmth in the cab.

they come with a 7 day timer and a range controller too, so if you want it to heat to 175F, it'll heat to there and then cycle on and off (the cycle temp is setable as well) to maintain that temperature. hell, you can even make it automatically turn on the blower motor so your cab heats up (so long as you leave the settings where you want them on vehicles with vacuum actuated heater settings).

In short, they're the absolute tits.

So yeah, can anyone direct me to one that isn't 4 digits to buy?

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
No clue, but I worked in a factory where one of the procurement guys used to go to an Ebay-like site for machinery and bid on stuff. May find something like that useful?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
would a gasoline powered one work?

i know a guy who had one on his old jeep, but i am pretty sure that it was a gasoline powered one, and probably a chinese knockoff.

but he was parting the jeep out a bit ago, i could ask him if he still has it.

you can also find them on ebay.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been cruising fleabay for a long while. Bunk heaters for semis are more common, and the new engine heaters there are, are being sold for new prices plus shipping. paying 1200 from the states for the same thing that costs 1200 here is. . .backwards.

Ask your buddy, sure. get some details. I'd need to run an auxiliary gas tank for it, obviously, but that's not a big problem. just means it's cheaper to heat my truck, since gas is $.20/L cheaper here over winter (yes, they charge us more for winter diesel, which has less explosive potential and gets worse fuel economy, oh I love it).

Most of the gas powered ones I know of are cab heaters though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts