Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I decided to spend the early half of my day off planning my girlfriend's birthday day this Wednesday. What I've got planned for her gift wise:

1) $50 worth of lingerie (gift for me as well :D )
2) Dozen Yellow Roses
3) Birthday Cup/Ballon thing
4) Hotel stay at a nice out-of-state Best Western
5) Massage/Candle Set

and then my parents got her

1) clip watch
2) $125

The last thing I'm trying to decide on is where we eat. Now we've both wanted to try a Sushi restaurant (Sekisui) but we also already have a favorite restaurant, steak place (Logan's Roadhouse, my mouth is watering for a 12 ounce ribeye right now). So do you guys think we should go to a new place that we could possibly not like, or a place we know we like?

Other than that, the plans for the other gifts are to first surprise her by bringing her to my parents' house to let me parents give their gifts to her. Then go to a local fair, then to dinner at either Logan's or Sekisui (if here, a walk downtown as there is one located downtown), then a 30 minute drive to the hotel. In which I would have already setup in the following manner.

Birthday cup/balloon sitting on the table next to a small chocolate cake
Some of the yellow rose petals laid on the floor trailing to the bed which would end at the wrapped box of lingerie
The bath/massage stuff would be in the bathroom with the candle already lit (probably light when we get there, but keeping her in the bedroom)

So what do you guys and mainly ladies think? We've been together five months and I want this to be a day she won't ever forget.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wow :drool

·
Registered
262 Posts
everything sounds FABULOUS....you should talk to my husband.... :eek:nfloor but you may wanna rething yellow roses...?(my dad was a florist)...a yellow rose is for friendship...maybe 11 red roses and one yellow.....?? unless of course yellow happens to be her favorite color?

Color Meaning

red The creative spirit of love. True love stronger than thorns.
True red is the lover's rose.

Amaranth red: long standing desire

Cardinal red: sublime desire

Carmine: deceitful desire (not true to color)

Fieryred: flames of passion.

yellow: In Victorian times the rose meant jealousy. Maybe our thoughts have changed. Today it is given as a sign of friendship, sometimes as a sign of sympathy.

white: Loyalty, penetrating and platonic love. Able to captivate secret thought, love stronger than death.

pink: Grace, gentility, elegance and refinement. The rose of sweet thoughts.

purple: Purple adds enchantment. Can be transcendental. Possible need to proceed cautiously. The priests wear lavender during lent, a time of discretion. Purple can indicate opulence or majesty.

orange A warm color that says, I am proud of you.

blue Fantasy and impossibility. Hoping for a miracle and new possibilities. Many people have a quest or a fascination for blue roses.

black: The color of the crone, the wise lady of death. The promise that soon you will know something you did not know before. Some see it as a bad omen. Death of fixed thoughts or ideas. Signifies a rejuvenation on the horizon. May not be understood as a gift.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Go for it Twinsen, sounds like things will go over well. And I'd go with the steak house over the sushi restaurant.

My girl's birthday was yesterday I took her out to eat at Morton's steakhouse, got her these two coach bags she liked, got her a couple gift certificates to places where she goes to get her waxing, nails, massages, facials and all that other BS. Also, I told her im getting her some tickets to the John Legend concert that's coming around, but since they were not on sale yet I couldn't purchase them. So I told her it's an I.O.U. gift.

Just whatever it is you end up doing, hopefully she will see the effort you put in to her having a good birthday.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Am I the only normal person left in this world? The above mentioned gift givings are excessive.

·
Crunnnnnnnnnnnnchy
3,067 Posts
I dont think so, if she treats you the same on your birthday. Best Western though? not Embassy Suites, or something high class?

BTW, most of those gifts sound like they are for you....

Lingerie...massage oil....dinner at your fave rest. hahahahaha

good job!

·
Registered
773 Posts
where did this girl find you at. dangggggg!

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Think: where would SHE like to go to eat? If she wants sushi, then go there. If it's just ok, then at least she'll know you took her there because she wanted it. If you get steak, however, because that's what you want and something goes wrong (ie. bad service) that's all on you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sushi can be a bit of an aphrodesiac (sp?), I believe. At any rate, have either of you tried Sushi? It's definately a love or hate type of food, so if either of you has not tried it, it might not be a good idea. If you have, and you just have not tried this particular place, I would probably shoot for that. Otherwise, I know Logan's, and that place is pretty damn good. As stated by someone else, go wherever you think she would prefer.

·
Registered
731 Posts
yep, i agree with 'murfnamedsmurf'

you better KNOW she likes sushi, if not it could go terrible wrong...
(i remember a friend trowing up all over the table :lol)
but if she liked it once, then you go there tiger....

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I decided to hold off on the roses all together. But as for excessive, I didn't really spend all that much on this stuff, got some decent deals on the stuff, didn't spend more than $100 including the lingerie and hotel. Best Western because I just recently got a Gold card membership there and when she's at school, its the nearest Hotel, so I'm trying to rack up some points for free stays. :D But as for the Sushi deal, I've only had it once, and I loved it, but she's never had it, so maybe we'll just go to our current fav restaurant instead sicne I know she likes it, and we haven't been in a while.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
It sounds as if you guys are all discussing this wisely and coming to a greater common goodness for Twinsen.... carry on! haha

·
Registered
207 Posts
I think it all sounds wonderful... I would still get flowers. If you know what her favorites are, pick those up. If you aren't sure, get roses in her favorite color.

When my boyfriend and I first started dating we had missed the birthdays and everything (Feb 18th)... but when my birthday rolled around the following year (its in Jan) he gave me a dozen purple roses. I LOVE PURPLE ROSES!!!! It was one of the best gifts he ever gave me. I guess my point is... girls don't remember the clothes you buy or the dinners you have. But for most girls, flowers are the thing that stands out. They always remember who gave them what flowers, and for what occasion.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I already know that yellow roses are her favorite.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
i think the black rose is the coolest rose of all but im sure she really woudlent want any of those. just get her the yellow ones and make it the best thing she does this year.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Ahhh......to be boyfriend/girlfriend.....

Wait till you get married. Then it'll be just another day at camp. You'll be lucky to give her a card let alone all that over-the-top fluff.

·
Registered
898 Posts
ZeuSeason said:
Ahhh......to be boyfriend/girlfriend.....

Wait till you get married. Then it'll be just another day at camp. You'll be lucky to give her a card let alone all that over-the-top fluff.
....and you wonder why your wife doesn't like you. :lol
Not all marriages are burnt out like that.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Twisted Sister said:
....and you wonder why your wife doesn't like you. :lol
Not all marriages are burnt out like that.
I'm not saying that's what I do......but I remember in the beginning......it was much different.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, I have a quick question that I need answered like ASAP. Someone suggested choosing a higher class hotel like Embassy/Hilton/Etc. So I did a little research and came across the Hamptons, which are affiliated/owned/whatever by the Hilton, which is also included in the Hilton Rewards program thing. Now under my hour of research, it shows that you can get a free night's stay at 7,500 points. At a few hotels around here, I can get 10,000 at one, 20,000 at another and 25,000 at another one. This seems way too good to be true. But so do a lot of the other rewards. But maybe it isn't since they're like the most sought after hotel chain when it comes to spending money. But anyway, basically, it boils down to spending either $60 at a Best Western and receiving no free night stays period, or spending either
A: $84 and receiving one free night
B: $134 and receiving two free nights and change

The way I look at it, if I spend this money now, I save money later when we go to Six Flags later in the summer. But my real question is, is the way I view it the way it actually works? I was hoping someone on here would be a Hilton Honor's member and would be able to enlighten me of this information.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts