Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a previous thread it has become apparent that there is a serious zip tie shortage in Canada. One of the members of this forum is in dire need of zip ties and is unable to complete the installation of his fender eliminator. I have a PayPal account and am willing to organize a emergency zip tie shipment for Jay. If I can't get his address I will either bring them to the Niagara trip and personally deliver them or find someone else who is going that can deliver them. If anyone is interested please PM me with the title "Binary Jay Emergency Zip Tie Fund" and I will answer any questions and provide you with payment information. Remember, even a small donation can provide Jay with desperately needed zip ties. Lets help a fellow member through this difficult time. We're coming to save you Jay. Just hold on a little longer Buddy.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's just plain missing. I think the embarrassment of not having zip ties has caused him to hang his head in shame. It's O.K. Pal. We're all friends here.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Like he's gonna want to see all you clowns after this. Is that anyway to treat a friend? And those had better be CHROME ties you're getting for him.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
karst said:
Like he's gonna want to see all you clowns after this. Is that anyway to treat a friend? And those had better be CHROME ties you're getting for him.
I was thinking Gold. We like Jay. Just having fun at his expense.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Paypal good?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'm enjoying the overwhelming support, I am touched. My bike is still missing the zip tie, that piece of plastic is looking horrible... I don't even want to ride any more.

If you can find a gold zip tie like fastener I will be seriously impressed, not to mention I will feel very bling on the roads, certainly the zip tie will be the focal point of the entire machine.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Jay!

You do realize the forum way would be to get some aftermarket cans.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Do you guys want to organize a help Jay afford a scorpion exhaust thread too by any chance? :p

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Binary Jay said:
Do you guys want to organize a help Jay afford a scorpion exhaust thread too by any chance? :p
You can sell your gold zip tie to finance the exhaust. :moon

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
or maybe re-sell all the zip tie he's gonna get.:lao He might have enough to trade in for new cans before this thing is over.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Gentlemen, and Ladies, I fear your efforts here will be too slow to save our friend in dire need, Jay. I know where he lives and I am only an hour or so away. I am currently gathering a team of zip tie experts and we will leave at dawn to try and assist our fallen comrade. I have collected red, green, yellow, blue and black zip ties but the exquisite gold zip tie still eludes us. Hopefully, we can provide a temporary remedy to this horrendous situation with one of the selection we currently possess. Wish us luck.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I start cracking up just looking at the title of this thread. :lao And Jay, we are gonna need pictures if you do get that gold zip tie on there!

·
Registered
354 Posts
By sheer luck, todays loaf of bread ( i can only afford one on fridays) came with a gold wire and plastic twist tie. I know this is a poor replacement for a REAL zip tie but i once travelled 287.89 kms using three of them as a chain link replacement.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will leave no stone unturned until I find Jay a gold zip tie. I don't care if I have to travel to the ends of the earth. I promise you Jay, I will get that elusive gold zip tie. Even if I have to die trying.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may have located a gold plated zip tie. Sorry its not solid gold. I will post a pic when I recieve it.

·
Registered
803 Posts
How about a white ziptie painted gold? Take it into a paint shop and tell them you want only the best! :lao

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
You actually found someone selling a gold plated zip tie?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts