Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine here at work showed me these pics Monday afternoon. I guess a friend of his was either at RA or a cornerworker when this happened. The people at RA coined this the Billion Dollar Crash.

By Monday night the RA site had "removed" the pics from their site. All they did was remove the thumbnail view of the pics :bitchslap :urowned

Andy, Todd, and I were discussing this last night so I decided to post up the pics so that we could all weap :(

Oh that poor Shelby Cobra
Oh that poor Camero
Oh that poor BOSS Mustang
...and not to mention the yellow Corvette that is under the Camero and #6 car

You'll notice what I mentioned above in this thumbnail link the missing pics between 31 and 36

The rest of the pics from the weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Umm, a billion? Think you exaggerate slightly.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sexNstillettos said:
Umm, a billion? Think you exaggerate slightly.
I guess you missed this part :lol

Moses said:
A friend of mine here at work showed me these pics Monday afternoon. I guess a friend of his was either at RA or a cornerworker when this happened. The people at RA coined this the Billion Dollar Crash

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
From another website...

"I was the operating steward for this race. The pace car did what was the right thing to do. We gave them instructions for each group. The two pole guys admitted to running up the hill at 5000 rpm in 3rd gear. The fifth place guy was racing well before the green flag and tryed to force his way between the wall and the car in front of him. He started scraping the wall and the guy behind him checked up and the car that hit him started to spin and then it was one after another into them. I am amazed that no one was killed. All the drivers except two had hans devices.
The green flag was in deed thrown. I red flagged the race with in 3 seconds of the green. Even with the red flag the drivers in the back just keep driving into the rear. The red was shown at corner 15(the walk over bridge). The drivers just did not pay attention. All drivers were forced to attend a meeting right after the incident. They were all yelled at. Interesting that in a few classes they are not allowed to pass until after turn 1 (Historic Gran Prix) and turn 3 for Can Am. One historic Gran Prix driver was banned from their series for life due to an incident in the kink.

I have to agree that the drivers in this group are some of the most agressive drivers I have ever seen. More distrubing to me were how many fist fights started after drivers started getting out of there cars. I feel that if they were able to get out they should have been happy they could even move after a incident like this.

I was very happy with how all of our crews came together to work in the heat. We had a steady flow of water for all the rescue crews, ambulance crews and wrecker crews while they were working in over 90 degree heat. What a great team. "

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Group 6 is the “more torque than brains” class. Most of those cars are running 300bhp more than when they were originally raced (700-750bhp is common), big wheels, radial slicks, and carbon brakes. The leaders were turning laps under 2:30!! Vintage my arse! …and most of them aren’t very accomplished drivers, just rich. They bash into each other like they were in the Neon Cup!

Having seen as many Group 6 races as I have – I can say that a crash like this was only a matter of time…

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Nice link there Shane. I love some of the comments that people have wrote in...

"Mark 18-Jul-2005 14:06
I ran with this group last summer, and we had about 10-12 wrecks in Group 6 over the course of the weekend. I'll never go back to the BRIC - to race. The cars are all "cheater" setups, with WAY BIG horsepower, and the drivers are way too agressive. Unfortunately, the track officials and the race sponsors do little to discourage the overly dangerous driving. It has been well known for years that Group 6 at the BRIC is a bunch of wild ass, ego manics, driving cheater cars with big stroker engines and no rules racing. I hope no one was injured, but it was bound to happen sooner or later."

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "That's a shame." :lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
I counted 15 differnt cars from the other series of pics...15!!

easily a Cool Million

1 - 11 of 11 Posts