Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all hows it going? I liked the other thread on here so i thought i would starte one for this part of the state. I see allot of bikes here in town but i dont see many togeather, are there any billings people in here? Well I will add some things to this later, like some of the routs I like to take and places i found that are not so good. For now i hope there are a few people around here. well peace and look out for them potholes & assholes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
went down

well all i went down today, I always knew it would happen. I just never thought it would be somebody elses fault,lol. I just pulled off the interstate from doing a pretty good clip, pulled up to a stop sign and <BOOM some bitch rearends me. Hard enough to knock me off the bike.So now my helmet has some carictor lol. I cant beliave there is no cosmetic dameage to the bike, I'm crossing my fingers to see how it runs/rides later. My back hurts a bit but i think im ok, Man i dont think stop signs will ever be the same. I KNOW I'm going to go down again someday, i just want it to be my fault ya know. I really want my bike to be ok from this. well I am off to get my bike, wish me luck. Peace all and ride safe.....as you can

well i should try to get a bumber sticker from here, spread the word sportbikes.net

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
back out

well all i took my bike too work on the 22nd, at 33deg i thought i was not going to be able to pull the clutch in geting off I90, coldest ride of my life. But after work it was a solid 60+ just amazing ride for Jan. Well untill next time peace and look out for that gravel.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are a few from the Western side of the state on here... Haven't really seen many from the Billings area. Maybe one from GFalls? I go to school in Missoula and am from Glasgow, so I ride all over the state from time to time. Went to school for one year in Billings and there were quite a few riders. Not to stereotype, but most of them that I saw were a bunch of squids riding in big groups with no gear, brand new bikes, and chicks on the back wearing flipflops and no helmets if I remember right haha. Then again, isn't that most of what you see everywhere?!? And yes, definately watch out for the gravel early on. Actually unloaded the bike and road from about an hour outside of GFalls to right outside of Helena on my way back from my break... It was 65-70 in Great Falls in the middle of January it was nuts!

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Anyone know what happend to Adam?

Razz i stopped by tingly's this summer when I was over your way playing but you were not around, you still workin there?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Blurr... Just kinda depends when you were there, it's hit or miss if I am working or not... I took the summer off to go home(Glasgow) to coach the legion baseball team... Worked there for the school year last year and this fall worked selective days like saturdays and a wedneday/thursday here and there. This semester my school workload has been damn heavy, so I haven't at all since early December. Just depends if I decide to stay here for the summer or not. If I do I will be working there and taking a class or two, and if not I may in the Fall off and on around school. It really just depends on school and when they need help, since that's my focus right now. I try to work outdoor jobs in the summers so I can get away from school and shit, but since I am finished school next year that will have to end. The best part about working there though is that it's more of a hobby and I actually enjoy being around the bikes and doing all that shit, so it's not bad. It looks like I should start working a few days again this coming Fall though, pry not this summer again...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh yeah! Is everybody riding? It's effin gorgeous for February in Montana. Damn the sand and salt, but it's still nice for some quick cruises around town and on the freeway a little...

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
well late next month I will be over your way to do some riding so keep in touch.

and for what its worth, I have been chasing money for years, makes a guy miserable, your far better off working a job that you want to go to and that you have fun at.

And yes, took a nice ride today by georgetown lake, posted pics in the picture section. was great. unbelievable to ride where I did this time of the year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd say its early as hell! Georgetown Lake! That shit is pretty close to 7,000 feet isn't it? Think I've been over that way for sleddin, but not positive... Yeah I saw the pics and they were great... I'm too lazy to ever take pics! And believe me, I understand and hear about the money thing all the time. All of my life I have enjoyed workin on shit and repairs, etc... Once it was time for college didn't even consider it, and now that's all I want to do, but at this point I feel as though I'm too far into school and too far into debt to change shit since I pay for college with loans and not with parents... I think I'll finish and give it a try and worry about it then I spose...

And yes, I am too addicted to these dam forums... I just don't post quite as much as you.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
I'd say its early as hell! Georgetown Lake! That shit is pretty close to 7,000 feet isn't it? Think I've been over that way for sleddin, but not positive... Yeah I saw the pics and they were great... I'm too lazy to ever take pics! And believe me, I understand and hear about the money thing all the time. All of my life I have enjoyed workin on shit and repairs, etc... Once it was time for college didn't even consider it, and now that's all I want to do, but at this point I feel as though I'm too far into school and too far into debt to change shit since I pay for college with loans and not with parents... I think I'll finish and give it a try and worry about it then I spose...

And yes, I am too addicted to these dam forums... I just don't post quite as much as you.
:eek:nfloor Glad IM not the only one addicted thats funny. I didnt even know you were still on tell I checked back here.

On the money, thats the exact thing I keep saying about my business (ohh IM in it to far blah blah) but here is one for ya, Had a cousin going to college, I think it was his third year and his grades were fine, but things were just not clicking, so he dumped it and went into the Coast guard, he just retired as a Lt Commander, says it was the best thing he ever did with his life.
Also the real story bout moby dick (yea it was actually a true story originally) the captain of the ship ends up taking the lowest position in the town of lighting the torches, lived the rest of his days happy.

Something to think about there.

And take some pics, I always liked that TT damn it, but I am convinced people who own them are anti camera as well.

We will be heading to Miller motosports park in salt lake and Spokane for track days this year, with some people I met from missoula, So get some money saved up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well thanks for the advice man... Actually since I got the Speedie it kinda looks like the TT might be sold so I can get a supermoto or something. We will see though, I really want an old FZR400 or 600 for the track, so I have been looking for one of those. Nice to see a few peeps from the good ol MT!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Na I haven't on any of my bikes. Went to one track day 3 years ago in Spokane with a buddy just to watch and he let me rip a few laps on break, but nothing for me yet. Always thinking bout it though. If there were a decent track anywhere closer I would jump all over it. I just love the idea of having an older bike to huck down the track, but more than likely I would get one and never go. More than likely I will just stick with the Speedie for a few years and when I'm done with school and in a decent job I'll figure more of that stuff out.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
Na I haven't on any of my bikes. Went to one track day 3 years ago in Spokane with a buddy just to watch and he let me rip a few laps on break, but nothing for me yet. Always thinking bout it though. If there were a decent track anywhere closer I would jump all over it. I just love the idea of having an older bike to huck down the track, but more than likely I would get one and never go. More than likely I will just stick with the Speedie for a few years and when I'm done with school and in a decent job I'll figure more of that stuff out.
Me and Gaolee are supposed to go to a track day in spokane sometime this year, lol after both of us find a job again I suppose.
Also there is a group from missoula that goes to spokane and salt lake city to ride. So hopefully I will go with them to miller this year too.

Its gonna be a good year damn it.
I will get a track bike down the road as well, the negative with them is you are more apt to push it a bit more than you probably should, so I guess thats the good thing about tracking the bike you ride, you are thinking more responsibly with it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts