Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Best? For who and for what type of riding? You need to be more specific as there are hundreds of bike out there.........

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
First bike: a dirt bike. Like a KLR or something you can make legal for the street.
Sport bikes are a niche market with a sharp focus on a small part of riding a motorcycle. For a first bike, I'd suggest a smaller standard or enduro bike. You need overall skills and road-sense more than you need the ability to drag a knee or wheelie. Sport bikes, I don't care what displacement are not ideal learner bikes. They possess radical steering, killer brakes, and a focused riding position. None of which is going to ease you into riding on the street.
This is a sport bike forum, a bunch of people will suggest a sport bike, just a little one. Remember your audience here. I suggest a standard or enduro for a first bike- no sport bike whatsoever.
Not that you can't possibly handle anything else. I'm not one of those knee-jerk, "you'll die in under 10 seconds on anything but an EX250" types. But I strongly suggest you become familiar with riding overall before worrying about the focus of a sport bike.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
L8 Braker said:
Huffy 10 speed...Always better to start small...

bwahahahahahaha :D

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
My friends call my old '91 Honda CBR 600 a Ten speed. :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
L8 Braker said:
I've got money that says you laid it down the first week :D

And you're too scared to post pics :p

damn haters.. hating because i started big :D

as you can see.. my huffy has no scratches..

i started on an 18 speed and you guys hate the fact that i am better than most of you, i can drag a knee better than 90% of you guys with my 18 speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts