Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is.. I picked up the 1998 red and black ninja 500 for my wife.. That is the one that she wanted. I got a brand new 2005 black ninja 500 still in the crate and will be put together the day that I pick it up so before i pick it up no other butts will be sitting on it, i had to finance this one but 2years 4.99% 50$/month.. I completely know that 50$/month is strictly interest. It will be completely paid off by this time next year. Anyway Just wanted to let y'all know.

You all have been a great help.

What you all think ??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics?

I will post pics as soon as I get the bikes to my house. probably some time next week :lol

I might even get my wife to get her picture taken with the bike.. no guys/girls no nudity.. heheh probably full gear.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
How did she end up with the "beater" and you brand new?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
sound good and congrat's on the bikes, hope to see some pics soon.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats dude, i just got the same bike new, except its a 2004.....they gave me a lil different but similar deal....I got 3.9% for 3 years, with the same 50 bucks a month minimum payment....can't beat that!! anyhow, i think u'll love the bike...i'm still getting acquainted with mine as i'm a completely new rider....I got teh thing up to 55 today and i was shittin in my pants hahahah (i'm such a newb) I'm taking the MSF this weekend, can't wait! Good luck with urs

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
drmnlateef said:
I got teh thing up to 55 today and i was shittin in my pants hahahah (i'm such a newb)
Enjoy it while it lasts. As much fun as I've had riding for the last 7 years on the street and the track, the most fun I ever had and the biggest adrenaline rush was getting my bike to highway speeds for the first time! I wish I could get that feeling back (not the nervous/scared feelings, just the rush)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Congrats, I was more floored of the fact of you being 17 and married....lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rotty said:
Congrats, I was more floored of the fact of you being 17 and married....lol

heheheh 17?? where did you get that?? I turned 30 at 12:40 am on august 3rd.

As for why she is getting the beater?? hmm.. I gave her the option to get a brand new one.. but she says she would rather get the 98 since she likes that color the best. Oh and in her words " I am going to be the one that is doing the tricks so i should get the beater"

:lol

oh well.. everything will go awesome now I have to find a way to get the bike here. I don't have a truck or a trailer... almost tempted to check prices on uhaul for a trailer.. I am planning on picking up my bike next thursday.. although it will be a couple weeks before I can ride since I am waiting for MSF.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
aboivin said:
heheheh 17?? where did you get that?? I turned 30 at 12:40 am on august 3rd.

As for why she is getting the beater?? hmm.. I gave her the option to get a brand new one.. but she says she would rather get the 98 since she likes that color the best. Oh and in her words " I am going to be the one that is doing the tricks so i should get the beater"

:lol

oh well.. everything will go awesome now I have to find a way to get the bike here. I don't have a truck or a trailer... almost tempted to check prices on uhaul for a trailer.. I am planning on picking up my bike next thursday.. although it will be a couple weeks before I can ride since I am waiting for MSF.
Your wife sounds awesome!! U-Haul around here rents m/c trailers for about $20/day. They only hold one bike I think, but work well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
uhaul

Cool just looking at there site you can rent a 4x8 covered trailer for 10$ a day. This would definitely work :) sp nopw just finding someone with a hitch :lol decisions decisions

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
pay more then $50 a mos. of you can, cuz after the 2 yrs is up, your rate will prolly shoot up to 18%, and you'll ALOT more then what the bike is worth.

congrats on the bikes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RACER X said:
pay more then $50 a mos. of you can, cuz after the 2 yrs is up, your rate will prolly shoot up to 18%, and you'll ALOT more then what the bike is worth.

congrats on the bikes.

already planning on it.. the interest rate after the 2yrs jumps to 6.99. But my plan is to get it completely paid off by the end of next year.

Also I found a friend who is willing to take his truck to and pick them up with me ;-) We are rockin now!!! :2devil

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
CONGRATS on the new bike and for your wifes bike... Take the MSF course!!!

and why did you get a new one and she get the old?? hmmm??? :lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
japbike said:
CONGRATS on the new bike and for your wifes bike... Take the MSF course!!!

and why did you get a new one and she get the old?? hmmm??? :lol

Beater?? even though it is a 1998 it looks brand new and just had the engine cleaned and done up plus it only has 2600 miles. Anyway I gave her the option of getting a new one once I found out that I was qualified for 2. She decided that she wanted to get the 1998. She says she is going to be the one stunting around so she should have a used bike. If when we get the bikes home she decides she wants the new one.. I would give it over to her without any issues because as long as we both have bikes we can learn on and have fun that is all that counts..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrats on the new bikes! Nice to have you're wife in the same boat. Hope she takes it easy - sounds like she's the one we have to worry about!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts