Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is what you would call "vertically challenged". To be exact only 4'9". She loves to ride as a passenger on my SV650, but really wants something of her own. Now I know I could lower any bike, but could anyone tell me what kinds of sportbikes just come with a REALLY low seat height?

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
EX250 and EX500 have the lowest seat heights out there, as I recall.

·
Registered
681 Posts
We had a member here a ways back that was the same height. She had to drop her EX250 a full 4 inches just to touch with the balls of her feet....I don't recommend doing that as you lose ALL ground clearance. She'd be better off on a small cruiser ie; Honda Rebel 250, Suzuki GZ250, Kawy EL125, Yamy Route66(250).

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Try a Buell Blast with the low seat (option).

·
Registered
558 Posts
don't the ducati monster 600/620's have a pretty low seat height as well? no matter what u get your gonna have to modify it somehow to get it so she can reach the ground, I'd suggest shaving the seat rather than lowering the bike, but u might have to a combo of both.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
A female member of SBN (madkat) haves a Monster 620 and the bike had to be lowered, so it isn't a very low bike...

For small-ish people, nothing can beat a cruiser, and the one with the lowest seat height is the Rebel 250. That bike is also DIRT CHEAP to run and haves a legendary bulletproof engine.

I wouldn't look at the Eliminator 125, being a 125 I can tell you it is going to be extremely boring, and the only thing that "eliminator" will "eliminate" is fun of riding it.

Basically al cruisers have low seats, but they are also extremely heavy, so a small cruiser would be perfect.

If you aren't a "must be japanese" kind of guy, take a look at Hyosung's GV250 Classic (Alpha Sports), a little bit more expensive than the Japanese 250 cruisers, but a lot more power (a little bit shy of the Ninja 250, the most powerfull 250 cruiser out there), and after all, it is a Suzuki engineered bike.

I've seen groups dedicated to that bike and people are extremely happy with them, reliability and quality is excelent, and no other 250 cruiser can keep up with them

Alpha Sports

Attachments

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Neverlose said:
don't the ducati monster 600/620's have a pretty low seat height as well? no matter what u get your gonna have to modify it somehow to get it so she can reach the ground, I'd suggest shaving the seat rather than lowering the bike, but u might have to a combo of both.
Can't... stop... staring... at... avatar.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
I'm glad to see the Avitar return NeverLoss!

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
or a pocket bike....

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
A real short ckick here in town used to have a cbr 400. kinda rare and hard to find in the states though. Aprillia has a 250 that is low seat height too i think. You could take a ysr and put a yz250 motor in. That would feakin haul ass. Think they got a steel frame too so it shouldn't be that hard.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
IMO , learn to deal w/ it. the bike is stopped X amount of time.......ride more stop less. and learn to compensate. a 250 is a perfect bike or maybe a small cruiser.

i can't flat any bike, and my wife who's 5-2 has longer legs then me. and i've riddel all kinda bikes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey Shorty....I mean Ed. Z's got longer legs?
Bwahahahaaaa

·
Registered
35 Posts
try a ninja 600E. A friend of mine has one and he is barely 5'4 and his feet can touch the ground easily.

·
Registered
353 Posts
testertwister said:
try a ninja 600E. A friend of mine has one and he is barely 5'4 and his feet can touch the ground easily.
There's a huge difference from 4'9" to 5'4"

Small cruiser is the way to go. My Dad's GZ 250 has something like a 25" seat height. Only stock bike I've ever flatfooted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts