Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
new rider here

Been looking at a bike now for some time. I just turned 20 and figured that a bike might be a great new hobby for me, with school and all. I would like to get a license, but first need a bike to practice on and whatnot. Opinions are what I'm looking for. Any bike that you believe would be a good beginner bike, I'm interested. I've done some research, but there are just so many, that I have decided to come here. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. B.

·
Registered
26 Posts
dude... i have quite a bit of enduro and moto X experience, i just got my ninja 250 a couple days ago and i love it. the thing that i like most about it is the gas mileage. its UNREAL. i'm 20, almost 21, and being able to go 300 miles for 8 bucks is definitely an asset when i'm broke as a joke. of course, its not fast at all, tops out at maybe 110 but really.. who needs to go that fast? i'm sure i will when i upgrade to a zx6r in a couple months, but its not important to me right now. definitely dont regret gettin it. :D

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would look at a used 250 ninja, which would be good to start out on and easy to sell later when you move up w/o loosing much money. Cheap insurance also.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You do NOT need a bike to practice on to get your license....take the MSF course, they provide bikes.

and when you do pass the course, get a license, get GEAR......then go out and buy a USED 250/500 UJM(Universal Japanese Motorcycle) to learn the basics with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts