Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the YMCA today to play basketball as usual. As i'm walking in the building a guy pulls up on a newer R6, maybe an R1. Not sure, it was the black with red flames which I'm not sure it was available on R1s. I'm sure you Yammy fans know, but anyway, he pulls up wearing his shorts and t-shirt. Ready for a workout I assumed. He goes inside and puts his Shoei helmet right on the bench which sits beside the B-ball court. Not a real smart location considering basketballs go bouncing off the bleachers all the time but the best place to get noticed I guess. (one hit it in the 15 minutes he stayed) I continued shooting around and turn around about ten minutes later to see another guy bringing in his helmet. He lays it right beside the other one. Continue shooting and 10 minutes later they are both leaving. I've heard of posers who just buy bikes to get noticed but never have seen it this obvious. I mean they got there, stayed maybe 20 minutes pretending to workout then left. I would've laughed my ass off if that basketball would've knocked his $300 helmet in the floor. Then everyone would've noticed his ass, crying over a scratched helmet.

Not really any point to the story, its just the first time I've really noticed anyone trying that hard to get noticed.

Anyone else witness similar situations?

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
maybe he was meeting his friend there before they went somewhere else.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"maybe he was meeting his friend there before they went somewhere else."

Who the fuck meets at the Y? Who likes to "work out" for 10 minutes? I'm pretty sure it wasn't that, they come in sit there helmets down and go play with some dumbells for a couple of minutes, then leave. Oh well, I just thought it was a funny story.

"Oh well. Some people will do that. Nice user name by the way."

Thanks, I thought the MODS were gonna make me change it though.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
SeattleMike: you are from Kent, WA which in all reality is the capitol of the poser world! Ever been to the weekend street races at "The Jerk" (Chevron)? That's all it is, a bunch of posers with 2" chicken strips on each side. Why are you worried that he's worried about other people so much?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Chinga tu Madre said:
I went to the YMCA today to play basketball as usual. ........

why do you think so many newbys buy 600SS bikes, it's not cuz they can ride it anywhere near it's limits..........it's gotta look good......../shrug

·
Banned
10 Posts
Do you know who they were? What they were doing? Maybe they thought hitting the gym would be a good idea... but soon decided that they would rather be out RIDING.

Unlike your stupid ass... still throwing a rubber ball around the court at the "Y". Ha ha ha. Fucking pansey.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well... I do think it's incredibly stupid to ride around in shorts and t-shirts... but I don't understand why it's such a big deal that they brought their helmets inside - other than setting them on a bench where they might get hit by basketballs.

I bring my helmet inside with me when I have to stop somewhere too. Not because I want to get noticed, but because I'd rather not come out to find that some punk fucking kid decided that it would be funny to put gum or spit in my helmet like I've seen happen to one of my friends.

·
Registered
753 Posts
lvl said:
Do you know who they were? What they were doing? Maybe they thought hitting the gym would be a good idea... but soon decided that they would rather be out RIDING.

Unlike your stupid ass... still throwing a rubber ball around the court at the "Y". Ha ha ha. Fucking pansey.
Ban! Yeah, they should go out riding in t shirts and shorts. You really are asking for a ban arn't you. Maybe you should reconsider your posting habits before you decide to criticize people.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
lvl said:

Ever been to banned camp?

Attachments

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
BadNatured said:
Ban! Yeah, they should go out riding in t shirts and shorts. You really are asking for a ban arn't you. Maybe you should reconsider your posting habits before you decide to criticize people.
Two full posts, he has probably been banned before and is back for another spanking.

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
Wherever I go on my bike, when I stop I take my helmet with me. Even when I'm out in the boonies, not to pose, but to protect my pricey Arai. To me that’s smart to keep a valuable piece of your safety equipment with you in questionable areas. :confused: IMO keeping your helmet with you is a good idea.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn, sorry to offend all of you that got offended. I just thought it was kinda funny. I take my helmet inside wherever I might be going. Of course I try to keep it close, not across a gym with balls flying at it. Its just seldom I ride someplace, hang out for 10 minutes to see if any hot chicks wanna ride then leave to another public place thats all.

And to BadNatured- Go suck a dick! LOL I love Internet fighting.

·
Registered
269 Posts
StretchNutz said:
just remember, not everyone can be a professional rider and push their bike to it's limits at all times like you RacerX! :hail

They should keeps the freeking nubs off the streets.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts