Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note to self.... dont record self breaking the law and post on youtube.

Biker jailed for YouTube stunt video - CNN.com

(CNN) -- A biker who posted videos of himself on YouTube performing stunts and speeding at up to 210 kph (130 mph) has been jailed after inadvertently confessing his misdemeanors to police.

Sandor Ferenci posted video of himself online performing high-speed stunts.

Sandor Ferenci, 28, was approached by police after a motorist saw him speeding on his powerful motorcycle and noted his registration number.

When they called at his house in Oxfordshire, England, he unwittingly asked if they had seen his YouTube video -- prompting officers to search the Internet, where they found uploaded video of his hazardous riding.

Ferenci was Monday sentenced to 12 weeks' jail after admitted two counts of dangerous driving at Oxford Crown Court.

Judge Terence Maher told Ferenci that he had carried out "lunatic and grossly irresponsible maneuvers at considerable speed," according to CNN affiliate ITN.

Ferenci's video footage, filmed by a friend from various angles including a footbridge, was shown to the court.

In it the biker is seen performing wheelies, tire-smoking wheelspins and skids on his Yamaha R6 road bike as well as high speed undertaking maneuvers.

Prosecutor Brian Payne said it was impossible to gauge Ferenci's exact speed in the video, but police estimated he was driving up to 210 kph, ITN reported.

·
Apprentice wheelieist
833 Posts
Well that sucks.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
You have to be a complete moron to not only create evidence of you breaking the law, but to lead police to it.

·
Information Sponge
1,447 Posts
Seems slighty darwin-esque. very funny. Like the guy who got pulled over for his plate being too far under his tail and ended up getting nailed when his license didn't check out so the cops took him in where the tank-cam he was rockinghad a few hours of footage chronicling his a$$-hattery over the past few days.

·
Registered
220 Posts
When they called at his house in Oxfordshire, England, he unwittingly asked if they had seen his YouTube video -- prompting officers to search the Internet, where they found uploaded video of his hazardous riding.

Dumbass

I used to make LEGAL racing videos anonymous and tape up plate numbers lest an insurance rep saw me, but this guy... in England?!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If stunts go bad, the rider is responsible for damages.

If the UK rider was stunting with no/little traffic, not impending traffic, then I believe we have another form of police over reaction.

Meanwhile, stock/banker people get away with criminal acts, then get their criminal political back-ups to bail them out with taxpayer funds, getting rich, while old people, hard working, lose what little retirement they have that was invested in their company that they intentionally mismanaged to get richer with less work.

A bunch of freakin hypocrites.

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
Stupid to mention to the police it was him in the videos. Otherwise, prove it was me is all one would have to say to the police.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
If stunts go bad, the rider is responsible for damages.

If the UK rider was stunting with no/little traffic, not impending traffic, then I believe we have another form of police over reaction.

Meanwhile, stock/banker people get away with criminal acts, then get their criminal political back-ups to bail them out with taxpayer funds, getting rich, while old people, hard working, lose what little retirement they have that was invested in their company that they intentionally mismanaged to get richer with less work.

A bunch of freakin hypocrites.
wow talk about trying to take it another direction...what about abortion...surely this has something to do with abortion dontcha think???

Back on topic....no/little traffic at the time may be fine, but where do you draw the line...today it's no traffic, tommorrow it was "well, there were only 2 cars" then next week, "there was a few more but it's alright"....next thing we know, with no controls, the BS is being done when the roads are packed.
the only way to control it is to draw the line....it was drawn, the dipshit crossed it....time for him to grow up.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
wow talk about trying to take it another direction...what about abortion...surely this has something to do with abortion dontcha think???

Back on topic....no/little traffic at the time may be fine, but where do you draw the line...today it's no traffic, tommorrow it was "well, there were only 2 cars" then next week, "there was a few more but it's alright"....next thing we know, with no controls, the BS is being done when the roads are packed.
the only way to control it is to draw the line....it was drawn, the dipshit crossed it....time for him to grow up.
Yeah no shit. This would a much nicer forum if everyone was more level head and respectful like you.:twofinger

·
Registered
220 Posts
Its up to you to prove it wasn't you....
Actually, its up to the prosecution to prove it was you unless UK laws are very different? **

Either way, depending on the circumstances of his "confession" he might be convicted even in the U.S.

Still, I hate this type of extension of authority. Up their asses!!!

**EDIT: English and Welsh courts do not have presumption of innocence, but Scottish courts do.
UK does not have a unified national judicial process. (I was wrong, Tarosean is right)

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Actually, its up to the prosecution to prove it was you unless UK laws are very different? **

Either way, depending on the circumstances of his "confession" he might be convicted even in the U.S.

Still, I hate this type of extension of authority. Up their asses!!!

**EDIT: English and Welsh courts do not have presumption of innocence, but Scottish courts do.
UK does not have a unified national judicial process. (I was wrong, Tarosean is right)
No, you were right with your first statement, we are innocent until proven guilty, but my reading of this is that the biker owned up to it anyway.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I want to see the videos. SBN can be the judge of his squidliness or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts