Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what, if any, experience you guys and girls have with being harassed in the streets are while riding. Today some girls threw a beer can at me as I was riding behind them, lucky they didn't cause an accident! Then not 10 minutes later I get sprayed by some douche in a Lexus by his windshield fluid, which is only about the dozenth time this has happened to me, among other things. I always follow the 2-second(at least) rule when behind a car so it's not like I tailgate people or anything, I just don't know what people's problem is, guess some people just hate bikers?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That washer fluid sprays pretty far sometimes, they may not have been trying to spray you. And 2 seconds is still pretty close.

But no I have never been messed with.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Wiper spray is just from ignorance and the fact that they are designed to spray at highway speeds, so usually they shoot right over the windshield.

The beer can was an invitation to a gang-bang.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
People who use their windshield washers while moving should be shot (unless their visibility was suddenly and significantly reduced due to conditions).

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
You see...cages are like the internet. You can do shit through them you wouldnt normally do in person and it doesnt count.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Cant say I've never had that experience while on the bike.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I hate it when people throw their cigarette butts out the window in my direction. I don't think it's intentional, but it sure is inconsiderate.

The worst is when someone ahead of you spits out the window (that disgusting habit many men have of clearing their throat and spitting out the results wherever they happen to be :barf ). I had that happen one time, and I had to dodge quickly out of the way to avoid colliding with it. :eek: Again, I don't think it was intentional, but it would be nice if people would have a look around and see what affect their actions will have on other people in the vicinity.

·
Just Kiss The Tip
3,017 Posts
On monday, a couple in a mini suv shot by me as I was cruising down 95 South and he just spit into my lane as if they did not just past me. So I throttled on and pull along side of them and just causally looked, then flip a bird to get his attention. So he holds up his hands and mouths what did I do? And I signed back a couple of motions from my mouth and shook my head. Then noticed them just drop back very fast....I guess the girl just hit the brakes...

I understand people don't do things intentionally as it was obvious in this case (however I thought it was intentional) but it seems that they would put two and two together...

·
Banned
7,982 Posts
I would not use my wipers while a motorcycle is behind me, but if I have a tailgater cage, yep I leave it on for minutes till they back the F#$%# off. I been sprayed on purpose while riding, you can tell because their car is clean...as if it was just washed and they leave the wiper on for a long time. It really does not bother me too much seeing as I wear gear so the stuff just drys within seconds and a few times allowe dme to wipe the bugs off my visor...LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
I actualy just bought the material to put a windshiled washer sprayer under my tail and aim it straight back, then I have a little container that I can fill with w/e I want (it fits under the passenger seat) and then when people tail gate me I can just spray their car :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Probably worst thing I had was someone threw a fast food drink (almost full) out the window at me. What a mess. Took me a while to finally get all the sticky shit off my bike/helmet. Needless to say, I didn't take too kindly to this and started to fuck with him(ie. riding about 2 inches from the driver side. Everytime he moved over, I went with him) Its been a while since anyone's been a complete douche aside from the usual people trying to kill me.

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
I actualy just bought the material to put a windshiled washer sprayer under my tail and aim it straight back, then I have a little container that I can fill with w/e I want (it fits under the passenger seat) and then when people tail gate me I can just spray their car :)
I might have to do that.

DOT 4 would be perfect.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I was riding in the city and An suv in front of me put the washers on - Water squirted from above to the back

But stupid them - What appears in the mirrors appear much closer - But i was pretty far away

I know they did it on purpose. But i dont tail gate so lol

And after i past them with the middle finger and he hit the brakes and squeaked

He got pissed

But i got the best of him

Also today was funny

I was riding in the city and some dumbass was making a right

And i pressed my horn -And he continued

And i held my horn. And he almost hit my front wheel and i continued and gave him the middle finger. Which he decided to chase me -But he gave up once i cut through the 10 cars in front of me like a piece of cake

As i was conituing some old man poped up outta nowhere

i swered and my right arm hit him.

Oh well

People don't watch where they're going

Was riding in bay ridge bensonhurst

·
Registered
259 Posts
Actually this is the 2nd time i hit an old person ON the very same Busy spot

Lmfao

First time i was coming into a turn and there was a MTA bus in front of me and an old lady pops up out the back - SHE DIDN'T LOOK. rofl i was doing 15 by then and i moved quickly - She lucky i didn't crash into her - I was gonna flee the scene.

and now today i hit some man with my arm. He pops up outta nowhere

Damn gotta watch out for these seniors...They are like ninjas

·
Registered
238 Posts
>"and now today i hit some man with my arm. He pops up outta nowhere"<

Doesn't count if you didn't knock him down.<g>

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
all the freaking time...get this

me and my buddy were parked sitting on our bikes in a parking lot talking to some friends. this van of softball girls who are like 16/17 pulls up two spaces away. they start shouting things and whistling and said 'do you have a mirror in your pants because i see myself in them'

i get 'harassed' all the time.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
the beer can thing was totally a inventation to flirt. you fucked up.

ive never had anyone do anything on purpose have had people merge into me, i do have a slight bit of a temper that ive been working on but i normally lay on the horn when they do it, which if its a dude normally pisses them the fuck off and they try to get all close and that bullshit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh man in my uppity neighborhood while getting used to my bike a guy just blows the stop sign and almost kills me. I yell at him and all he says is "do you live here" WTF! does it matter.

I had a BMW 3 series prick on my ass like it was going out of style and could see him texting. I got aside his car and threatened to kill him and he backed off.

But the one that was the worst the other day I was at a 4 way. The car lets me go, but the car behind him cuts around not realizing the car in front was being cool to me not just sitting there. He almost kills me, I just honked and he screams "Fuck You" really loud. I followed him home and jumped off my bike prepared to smash his face in with my Arai. I am so not a tough guy and never do anything like that but man what an ass. As soon as he wasn't in his car he wasn't so tough and begged me to "calm down". I did as I can't be fighting but it put me close to edge. Cagers are such asses

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Geez ManhattanRider, you're either an asshole or you just don't pay attention to where you're going.

To the OP:

I've never had anything horrible like a fast food drink get thrown out at me. There's only been one time when someone was being a jerk to me, and I just ignored it. Some people are just jerks.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts