Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i get a phone call from one of my boys and he was crying like a baby. his friend was taking his bike home and this is a guy who has been on bike for at least 20 years. a car pulls out in fron of him and makes him wreck and the fucking car just keeps goin. i feel so bad for him the guy driving was taking it home bc it was getting painted tomorrow and he hurt his arm pretty bad. the bike is almost totaled gas tank dented on both sides muffler gone back end just about gone. The clutch side bar broke. this kid loved his bike sooo much he cried on the phone for like a hour. they are taking it today to see if all can be fixed. i cant believe the car just kept goin didnt even stop to see if everyone was ok. at least nobody was hurt too bad and all can be fixed hopefully...

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's so fuckin sad to see that people can be such scum bags!! I hate that to no end. What if that was their kid that they hit and just kept goin? How would they feel then?!

I'm glad to hear you buddy is OK though, I wish em the best.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey dreamy, you look hot as hell in your avitar!!! :banana

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
That sucks so bad. If that ever happens I hope there is a couple of us riding with him so one can stop and help the rider while the other chases the dick down and gets his plate number and reports him or better yet gives him the beating of his life.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThRotLJnKy said:
Hey dreamy, you look hot as hell in your avitar!!! :banana
thanks bunches... im just upset for him because his bike was his baby, i mean it takes alot to make him cry and he was ballin in front of all his friends. he didnt even go to work this morning bc he didnt go to bed last night until 500 am. but all the guys are on the mission today none of them went to work they are all trying to get parts for his bike and stuff.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'm glad your friend is OK. When I saw the title I thought you meant that he was down permanently. Thank god that's not the case.

Did your friend really cry for an hour over a bike though? That's kinda funny. I once owned a beloved zx-9 that I doted on and loved riding. However, I was making jokes and taking pictures 2 minutes after totaling it on a twisty road while riding like a bone head. I wouldn't cry over anything that couldn't love me back. shrug.

·
Registered
833 Posts
dreamy333 said:
thanks bunches... im just upset for him because his bike was his baby, i mean it takes alot to make him cry and he was ballin in front of all his friends. he didnt even go to work this morning bc he didnt go to bed last night until 500 am. but all the guys are on the mission today none of them went to work they are all trying to get parts for his bike and stuff.
Him and his buddies ought to be looking for the car that hit and ran. Shouldn't be all that hard to find with enough eyeballs looking for it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there is alot of guy that ride and i feel really bad if they do find whoever it was. i just hope they handle it the right way they probally wont though. there are some big dudes that ride that used to be bouncers so i hope they are in a good mood when they see him.

·
Registered
486 Posts
dreamy333 said:
i cant believe the car just kept goin didnt even stop to see if everyone was ok.
I might be wrong but the way I read it was that he wrecked trying not to hit the car, if so then Im not really shocked that they kept driving the drive was probably to busy turning up their cd player so they're friend that they was talking to on the cell phone could here the new CD they just got.
the same thing almost happen to me a couple times and I did almost run into a fire truck last night, on the way home from bike night there was a fire truck blocking the road because a biker went down in the curve :( and I came around the curve and had to grab a hand full of brake to stop in time, dont know how I held on to it, and I dont know how the guy is doing that went down but I did see him when they where taking care of him and he look like he took quiet a spill but would be able to ride again.
edit - I hope my story doesn't count as hi-jacking the thread

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Unfortunate that this happens. Drivers either feel that they own the road or they are driving inattentively. :rolleyes

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i thnk people when they go to the dmv should have to take a class about motorcyles or soemthing. bc alot of people really dont care. they talk shit about kids on bikes but they are the cause of alot of accidnets. but it comes with the territory.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
As a car driver, I can tell you most car drivers don't care about bikers, and even other cars! Most of the accidents are not caused by ricers or biker riders. It mostlythe mature adult who are causing accidents!

I'll be soon a biker rider too. I am hoping for some luck when I first ride.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Nah, I don't think a class would help at all. I think that as a rider I'm more likely to see bikes than your average cager. But I've had times driving my GF's car where I knew there was a bike next to me cause I saw him come up but I cheked both mirrors and looked back and didn't see him.

Face it: We're invisible, ride like it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You mean the frame is still intact? What exactly happened that he wrecked, it doesn’t sound like the car hit him. Crying for an hour over a piece of metal is gay. Are you sure they are looking for parts for a totaled bike and not for his balls, because he obviously lost them.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Two weeks ago, I witnessed an accident where a car was turning right in a yield lane with a bike behind it. The car decided to stop at the yield, and the bike wasn't paying attention. The biker actually rear ended the car, and the car never realized it. They just went on their merry way.

I don't know the exact details of your friend's accident, but it's entirely possible the driver never even knew there had been a wreck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
i have never seenthis happen but have heard of it numerous times and always found myself thiking. If my buddy were to fall because of a car and the car takes off, do i stay and help my buddy or chase the car to call the cops...

Tough situation there... hope all comes out well
I chase the car.

Someone will stop if there is an accident, and its not like there is much most of us can do to help a down rider out anyhow.

This is your only chance to get the car. Get his tag #, and memorize that B*tch at a minimum, but I'd follow him till he stops and call the cops on my cell.

Better yet, drag the f*cker outta the car at a redlight, snatch his keys and proceed to bludgeon him to death with your helmet. :mg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts