Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at a loss for ideas right now. Last time i road my bike was friday, it ran fine with no problems. I go to start it today and it wont turn over. The lights, starter motor and electrical parts work fine. I dont know if there is no spark or it's not getting gas. I dont know how to figure out why it all of a sudden stopped running. Any ideas??????????????/ :confused:

·
i ride sideways
1,525 Posts
man that sucks, i cant really help you out though. id check to see if theres spark getting to the plugs and if thats not it id go over the fuel system.

i had a problem a while back of the battery cables coming loose from the terminals and wouldnt start. had to lift the seat up and touch the cable to the terminal to get it to start.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Sounds like your plugs are fouled. Take them out and see if they are all black and have gas on them. If thats the case, then they need to be replaced. Go with a 1 step hotter plug. I had NGK CR8E's in my FZR, and it ran okay but had problems starting up. Then one day is didnt want to start. I replaced them with CR9E's and it started up in one crank. Hasnt had any problems since.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Smell around after you try to start your bike. If you get a strong smell of gasoline, chances are you're getting fuel and don't have to worry about that. Check to make sure spark is coming through (screwdriver with PLASTIC OR RUBBER GRIP shoved in wire where it normally sits on plug and try to start) or pull your plugs. You don't necessarily need new ones. You can clean the old ones up with a wire brush and small file if need be, and then reset the gap (see manual for gap width) If you're getting spark and the plugs are fine, then you need to check your injector (see manual)

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok, when you turn it over for a period of time can you smell fuel at the exhaust can? Have you made sure your choke isn't or is pulled? And if you want a hotter plug with NGK you go down in number not up (they're backwards from the rest of the industry)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Make sure your kill switch isn't fliped.
Hey, it happened to me. I never use it, so somebody came by and fliped it... took me more than a few minutes to figure out what the hell was going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts