1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
what bikes have you had before?

·
Registered
457 Posts
6'2" and I love my FZ6. If you can handle the throttle, the FZ1 is I think a bit b*****.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been riding a Vulcan but i want to get a sport bike. I have sat on a few 600cc machines and it seems that i am to long form the hip to thigh to fit nice and snug. I really dont want to get anything b***** than a 600 I4. Arnt there like sport-standards that are nice and comfy? Im just looking for an alternative to riding while uncomfertable (sp).

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
uncomfy and sportbike, go hand in hand. the 99-01 zx-6r was considered borderline sport touring, look also at the yammy yzf-600 also the honda f4i's have a more relaxed geometry

·
Registered
243 Posts
busa. . . or. . .I hate to say it. . K .. . .k k k k. . . .kaaaa. . . .. . KATANA. . . .phew. . .I did it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking a Katana because i heard that it was good riding position. I do not want to start out on a bike b***** than a 600cc because i have never ridden a sportbike before. How are sv650 not the S version just the regular naked?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well if you've never riden before, looking for a b***** framed bike that's not gonna have so much power as to be hard to handle, then the K.....Kaaaaa....... Hold on a second. . . . Katannnnnnnnnn..........KATANA would be a perfect choice ;)

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
I'm a hair under 6'7" and fit well on the Suzuki SV650. Great all around bike and good for tall guys as well. I road my buddies and liked it a lot.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
AirForceTeacher said:
6'2" and I love my FZ6. If you can handle the throttle, the FZ1 is I think a bit b*****.
I'm 6'1" and the FZ1 fits me fine. There are guys that are taller than me riding this bike and they say it works well. With the FZ1, it is easy to move the handle bars up or down a couple inches to your liking.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm roughly 6'6" and fit on my 04 gixxer 600 perfectly, my hands tends to go numb on long rides over 150 miles, but that can be fixed by taking a few moments to stretch them out every once in a while.

·
Registered
424 Posts
stilzaj, try holding your body up with your knees/lower back instead of resting all your weight on your hands. I'm 6'3" and get the same numbness if I'm not paying attention and putting my weight on the bars. It's better to hold yourself up by squeezing your knees against the tank than to put all your weight on the bars. It's a hard habit to get into(I'm still not into the habit of it, but everytime I think of it I do it to try to make it a habit) but it's a better riding position. That and it keeps weight off the front end, which is better for the bikes handling characteristics.

+1 on the FZ6, SV650 or Katana. Sit on those 3 and see which you like the best. Also remember that the Katana doesn't have alot of power, so even if it's a 750cc it's ot going to be faster than a regular 600cc Supersport bike.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I am 6'5" and I ride an '04 F4i...I have put 12K on it in a year...our weekend rides are usually 300 to 400 miles per day...no problems

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am 6'2' and I have a FZ1. I lowered the bars a bit with bars from suburban machinary and it is awsome. plenty of power as well with the 2003 R1 Motor. Even though it's not a fullout sportbike I have scraped a peg here an there.

·
Professional Loser
319 Posts
I'm 6'3" and ride a 04 R6. I have ridden it for over 900 miles (16+ hours) in one day and I think its comfortable. If you want to ride a sportbike and have it be comfortable, get in shape. If you are out of shape your butt and legs are going to be sore after only 100 miles or so. I never get uncomfortable when riding my bike and I regularly ride 1000+ miles a week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts