Sport Bikes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one question...
Why do I always read/hear stories about people recommending a GSXR 1K/R1/etc for a tall person verses a GSXR600/R6/etc? Aren't most Litre bikes the same size as their 600 counterparts anyway? I'm 6'2" (all legs) & to be honest, I'm not worried about comfort because all Super Sport bikes are uncomfortable in my eyes. Right now I have a 2000 ZX12R & it's the only bike that I've ridden that doesn't feel like my heels are in my butt.

Just wanted to know how ya'll feel about it.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, people just try to justify getting a bike with more displacement with stupid excuses like that. Look at the seat height, rake, and trail of 600's vs 1000's, they are virtually the same. Like you said there are exceptions, but they are designed to be b***** bikes (ZX12R, Busa, etc)

·
Registered
912 Posts
i am 6'3" and i have ridden 600's, 900's and 750's and i have felt fine on any bike. Some are better than others, but i see that as a difference in manufacturer rather than cc's.

·
Registered
304 Posts
6'5" and comfortable on basically everything I've ever ridden. It's a rationalization, as FF81 said.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Because those people are stupid.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mykl said:
Because those people are stupid.
yeah.

I'm 5'5" and, other than not being able to touch the ground very easily on stops, I enjoyed riding my friend's Blackbird. Much smoother ride than my friends GSXR1000, but anything 600 or larger seems the same to me...all very big :)

The F4i and the R6 aren't as wide as the ZX6R and GSXR-600, so they are a little easier to touch while stopped.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
I can contest to this "false-hood". My ZX9R's ride erogmics (whatever the word is, I'm tired/sleep) is actually more comfortable than an '04 1000. Although the seat is less comfy.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
They are all smallish except for th Busa and 12. The xx is also very roomy compared to liter bikes. If you look at the avg Busa and 12 owners you'll notice we are b***** than those rider smaller framed bikes. Thats b/c we fit better on these. Sure-at 6'5" I COULD fit on an R6 but at 33 years old Im not as pliable as I was when I was 23.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I don't have a problem with most bikes or any bikes, then again I'm only 5'7

·
Registered
681 Posts
misteiner said:
Hey can any one help me with my bike not charging?
Well, isn't THAT outta left field for this topic! :spank

Post the ?? in 'Help Me Fix It'!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts