Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a website I could go to that would show the performance stats of motorcycles. That way I can compare just how much faster one bike is than another. I don't want to have the fastest bike out there, ( I am looking for a 250r ) but just for something to compare the models out there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Motorcyclistonline and SportRider.com com are also good sites. Not to sound preachy, but if you don't have a decent amount of experience, those numbers aren't going to mean much in the real world.

M.

·
Registered
452 Posts
coyotelance said:
I was wondering if there was a website I could go to that would show the performance stats of motorcycles. That way I can compare just how much faster one bike is than another. I don't want to have the fastest bike out there, ( I am looking for a 250r ) but just for something to compare the models out there.
SportRider (www.sportrider.com) has performance stats on every bike they've tested in the past 5 years (or so). You're not going to find anything on any beginner bikes, however. Most bike magazines don't really test the performance of beginner bikes (like the 250R), because not many beginners care (or should care) about how fast the bike is in the quarter-mile. The bike is supposed to get you some saddle experience to develop your skills so that some day you can upgrade.

By the way, all of the new bikes in each class (e.g. middleweight, liter, etc.) are pretty close in performance, so it usually comes down to what style or what the rider feels more comfortable on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts