Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who can help with possible problems. I have a 00 zx7r and my bike stalls when it starts to get really hot. I ride for about maybe an hour or so till the bike gets really hot. The fan kicks on to cool it down, but the idle starts to jump up and down till it stalls. The bike otherwise runs fine when its cool until it gets to that hot point. Sometimes when i start cold and the bike is on choke you'll hear like a little pop almost like a small combustion inside the engine once or twice then it is fine. Dont know if these 2 problems are related or not. I checked the spark plugs but they are pretty much new NGK iradium plugs. The bike only has 5100 miles on it with a factory jet kit, D&D bolt-onexhaust and BMC filter. I dont pound on the bike but I do ride aggressively(but who doesn't). Anybody with suggestion on what to look for or what it might be??? Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
00zx7r420 said:
Anyone who can help with possible problems. I have a 00 zx7r and my bike stalls when it starts to get really hot. I ride for about maybe an hour or so till the bike gets really hot. The fan kicks on to cool it down, but the idle starts to jump up and down till it stalls. The bike otherwise runs fine when its cool until it gets to that hot point. Sometimes when i start cold and the bike is on choke you'll hear like a little pop almost like a small combustion inside the engine once or twice then it is fine. Dont know if these 2 problems are related or not. I checked the spark plugs but they are pretty much new NGK iradium plugs. The bike only has 5100 miles on it with a factory jet kit, D&D bolt-onexhaust and BMC filter. I dont pound on the bike but I do ride aggressively(but who doesn't). Anybody with suggestion on what to look for or what it might be??? Thanks, Kevin
My bike doesn't stall when it gets hot but I have noticed every now and again when I rev it up I get that pop or combustion sound too. It has not happened in a while but I was always wondering what the hell it is. Any idea's??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same problem now that it's summer here in Florida. I have to keep reving the motor at stop lights to keep it from stalling; of course this makes the bike even hotter and eventually the bike will quit completely. Could the bike have been tuned for winter and therfore needs jet adjustments? Never had a problem untill the weather got hot and humid. Bike runs great on the highway; obviously any bike runs cooler at high speed. I have full micron racing exaust; jet kit, ignition advanced, so what gives?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts