Sport Bikes banner

Bike shops

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Pilgrim69 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a shop or two or three that sells gear and / or parts in southeastern PA? West chester, Reading, Lancaster, and King of prussia area are all easily accessible.

I just got a bike, and it needs some work. I'd prefer to be able to go to a store to get stuff like valve seals and whatnot, but I'm unaware of any. I'm cool with buying stuff online, but it's nice to be able to work on something and be able to drive to the store if I need a part or a special tool.

I'd also like to try on a few helmets to see what brands like my head. I'm not in a real hurry, as I'd like to fix up the bike before taking it out.

#2 ·
Just outside of King of Prussia in Norristown you have Ken Carr Cycle Center. The service guys are cool, at least the head guy, Kevin, that I've dealt with. He isn't going to pull a fast one on you. The parts and apparel departments are very small, though the people seem helpful enough. While I didn't buy my bike from them, the sales guys come off as sleazy.

Montgomeryville Cycle Center on Rt 309 is good. They have a big store with lots of apparel and the staff seems to be helpful enough. The prices on apparel seem to be competitive. The parts department is also pretty big.

Those are the 2 I have dealt with. There is also a Honda dealer on 202 near the Delaware border. I believe its new.

#5 ·
Mcc

I too like Montgomeryville Cycle Center, which is no longer located in Montgomeryville. They are in Hatfield now, just off of Route 309 and Bethlehem Pike.

Here is their website: http://www.montgomeryvillecycle.com/

I've bought two new motorcycles from them and their prices were great! They have a big showroom with lots of bikes, clothing, accessories and parts.

If you go to the clothing/accessories section, say hi to the wildman BobbyB for me. :)

#6 ·
if you feel like making a run to dover, de you can try out speedwerks. they got a site too speedwerks.com if they dont have it online give them a call. Good People, Prices are fair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.