Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· old member
12,314 Posts
I think most bikes get stolen by 2 or 3 big guys lifting them into a truck or van. If you are worried about that, get a heavy chain/cable and lock and lock the bike to something sturdy like a power/light pole or an eye bolt in cement. Put the chain through the bike's frame and/or wheel. A cover will make it less attractive as they won't be sure what bike it is. Leave the bike where it can be seen but not easily knocked over. Alarms seem to be more trouble than they're worth. No one pays much attention to them and they have a habit of draining batteries.

· old member
12,314 Posts
nwagsxr said:
That is what I have been looking for, any ideas where to pick one up at? Been looking online all day and nothing. Thanks for the ideas btw.
Here's a link:
http://www.cyclegear.com/dept.cfm?L1=2&L2=57
Lots of security products on that page.

The disk lock reminder is strung from the lock on the front disk to your bar/grip to make sure you don't try to ride off with the lock in place. It's quite embarrasing (no, haven't done it myself). The disk lock will not prevent someone from carrying off your bike, however.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.