Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everybody know that i had put my bike up for sell and a guy emailed me wanting to buy it... this is what he said...

HELLO,
GOOD DAY, I AM GOLDMAN WASHMAN, I SAW YOUR ADVERT ON THE INTERNET AND I AM HIGHLY INTERESTED IN BUYING OF THAT ITEM, PLEASE IF THE ITEM IS AVAILABLE KINDLY GET BACK TO WITH YOUR LAST OFFERING PRICE, I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST.
REGARDS,
MR GOLDMAN

sounds wierd huh... i yold him the price and he emailed back,

Hello,
Thanks for the mail, I want you to understand that am very much okay with your offer which is $2800 and i want you to know i have contacted my representative in the states who owes me a total amount of $4,500 and he has agreed to make out a Cashier's Check on my behalf for the payments. Having it in mind that business is based on trust ,i would like you to received the checque cash it and wire the excess funds after removing the payment for the ITEM which is $2800 . Then i would like you to wire the remaining $1700 through western union money tranfer to me so that i would arrange for the shipment of the car. If you agree with these terms mail me back with your fullname,address and phone number in which i would forward to my client in the state to issue out the payments to you.
Expecting a response from you as soon as you can.
Regards,
Mr goldman.

NB: Once you received the check i would like you to cash it immediatly and wire the funds so the shipment would commense and i want you to remove $200 for all your stress and effort in cash to a cashing point to cash it.

Found out right after wards it was a scam..... a good one too considering you are getting a cashiers check right off the bat....
be carefull people... and good luck.... here is the address of the website where i learned of the scam...

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Nigerian/nigerian_auction_scams.htm

also i have a 1995 ninja zx6r still for sale... it is in texas and listed on the sale page....

have a good day
trey

:flipa SCREW NIGERIA.... FUCKERS :flipa :boid

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keep going

keep replying to this post so we can keep it at the top of the sale list... people need to know these things...

have a great day and fuck norigians :flipa :flipa

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah if it ever involves cashing a check then immediatly wiring them a difference its a scam, the check clears your bank a first, you wire the money, then your bank comes back, whoops! turns out it was a bad check, now your out the difference! I get email scams all the time from people overseas talking about someone owes them money so im supposed to transfer it or something... i'll post the next one i get on here for ya! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Speak of the devil... got another one today! Bastards here it is:

PIUS OGEM
MANAGER,BIAO BANK,
ABDIJAN, COTE d' IVOIRE(IVOIRY COAST).
ATTN:MD/CEO.
MY DEAR,

I am pleased to get across to you for a very urgent and profitable business
proposal, though I don't know you neither have I seen you before but I got
your contact through the Ivoirian chamber of commerce and industries.

I am the manager of MANAGER,BIAO BANK , ABDIJAN, COTE D' IVOIRE. Theintended
business is thus, We had a customer, a Foreigner (a GERMAN CITIZEN) resident
in Abidjan, he was a Contractor with one of the government parastatals.
He had in his account in my branch the sum of US$11.5Million {Eleveen Million
five hundred U.S. dollars).Unfortunately, the man died four years ago until
today non of his next of kin has come Forward to claim the money. Having
noticed this, I in collaboration with

two other top officials of the bank have covered the account all this while.
Now we want you (being a foreigner) to be fronted as one of his next of
kin and forward your account and other relevant documents to be
advised to you by us to attest to the Claim. We will use our positions to
get all internal documentations to back up the claims. The whole procedures
will last only ten working days to get the fund retrieved successfully without
trace even in future. Your response is only what we are waiting for as we
have arranged all necessary things.As soon as this message comes to you
kindly get back to me indicating your interest. Then I will furnish you
with the whole procedures to ensure that the deal is successfully Concluded.
For your assistance wehave agreed to give you thirty percent (30%) of the
total sum at the end
of the transaction. It is risk free and a big fortune for both of us.With
your maximum co-operation, this transaction is not expected to last

for more than 10 working days. All correspondence towards this transaction
will be through, telephone and fax.I await your earliest response through
my alterntivemail([email protected])
Thanks,
Yours Sincerely,
PIUS OGEM MANAGER,BIAO BANK

retards... i hope no one actually falls for these :spank

·
Registered
32 Posts
the thing that cracks me up is there are people stupid enough not to see through it and give their money and info away

I have seen these all over the place. I have noticed that the more and more info they give away it leads more and more into the fact that its a scam....

If they just kept it simple and didnt explain so much it would prob work....

:nerd

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea well i was stumped on how it would be a scam if he was sending me a chashiers check first and i was going to get the money.... i then read the website and understood that the bank dosnt approve it right thn that it has to be approved by the other bank too... duh....

anyways i still have a nice 1995 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX6R for sale and i need to get it sold... resonable price taken... i am going to post on it to get it next to this thread...

keep the post coming on here... need people to know....

later trey

·
Registered
32 Posts
95Ninja said:
Yea well i was stumped on how it would be a scam if he was sending me a chashiers check first and i was going to get the money.... i then read the website and understood that the bank dosnt approve it right thn that it has to be approved by the other bank too... duh....

anyways i still have a nice 1995 KAWASAKI NINJA ZX6R for sale and i need to get it sold... resonable price taken... i am going to post on it to get it next to this thread...

keep the post coming on here... need people to know....

later trey

The way it works, is you will go to cash the check...And most banks will acknowledge it and you can just deposit it(though its on you if the funds dont clear). About a month later or so when you already sent the items and the funds are supposed to clear,they dont! The bank will take back the money you deposited and your account will be negative(if you spent the money) and your items will be gone. And since its out of country there is no real way to follow it or get your money/items back. Because most of those address are fake or not really there anyway. And FBI and most international security agencies wont even touch it. They will make note of it, but they will never actually investigate. Well....Unless it involves over $250,000 worth of money/merchandise....

Anyway...

Its a really great scam if they are more creative with the way they word it. Because the majority of older people who dont know much about computers and really young kids with access to parents credit cards are the ones usually seceptible to these kinds of frauds.

Careful boys and girls!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got any email about my bike that sounds like this scam. i guess when I get the check I will just hang it on the wall in the garage, above my bike.......

·
Registered
95 Posts
i got it to

HoNdAGuY said:
Speak of the devil... got another one today! Bastards here it is:

PIUS OGEM
MANAGER,BIAO BANK,
ABDIJAN, COTE d' IVOIRE(IVOIRY COAST).
ATTN:MD/CEO.
MY DEAR,

I am pleased to get across to you for a very urgent and profitable business
proposal, though I don't know you neither have I seen you before but I got
your contact through the Ivoirian chamber of commerce and industries.

I am the manager of MANAGER,BIAO BANK , ABDIJAN, COTE D' IVOIRE. Theintended
business is thus, We had a customer, a Foreigner (a GERMAN CITIZEN) resident......................................

for more than 10 working days. All correspondence towards this transaction
will be through, telephone and fax.I await your earliest response through
my alterntivemail([email protected])
Thanks,
Yours Sincerely,
PIUS OGEM MANAGER,BIAO BANK

retards... i hope no one actually falls for these

i got that same damn mail but i knew it was a scam so i told them if the sent
30 bucks to my paypal account :D i could void an old check that froze my account so i could pay the fee of some crap they said i had to pay

and they did they send me 30 bucks after that i told them how they screw up buy putting the web address to the fake bank in a email to me
and naturally i went to the site and it brought up the 514 fake bank names used internet scams

those retards :finger :blowme they cant even change the damn con
lazy bastards :lame i wish the fucking broke ass people would try a little harder if they have to do it :twofinger

·
Registered
37 Posts
i got the same shit, i want these guys to meet me upon pick up, so i can put their check were it needs to be ,,, in there asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Torian,
Thanks for your mail, I am very interested in buying this your22" BOYD CODDINGTON TURBINES WITH TIRES which is $4500 so there is a client of mine who is owning me the sum of $9,000 which i can instruct him to issue out the check to you as soon as possible.payment will be made via certified Cashiers Check drawn on a UK Bank,Which i believe is the fastest way the payment will be made.I am willing to entrust you with the excess funds on the cost,which you must send to my shipper via western union money transfer as soon as the Check get in your location.My Shipper will be on ground to pick-up the 22" BOYD CODDINGTON TURBINES WITH TIRE in your location to sign the relevant titles and papers on my behalf as soon as we seal the transaction and the payment is made.So if my Payment terms is acceptable with you,you can mail me back to know in time.
i am waiting for your fruitful responce
thanks.
Lampard

·
Registered
56 Posts
I told him to give me 2500 for the rims and tires and told him i paid 4500 i knew when he offered 4500 something was wrong. And this just happened this week i am so glad i read this post.

·
Registered
95 Posts
seanjohn you need to find away to cash that check where you cant be liable for the scam so maybe you can get that money dont know maybe thats stupid
but i would at least look around

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same shit happened to me! Also from Nigeria, fuckers...but I received the check 2 weeks after they said they have send it via UPS overnight. The check looked authentic but I was suspecious. So I called the number on the sender's address. They send me a check for 2500 for 3 phones I had for sale.

I mean, come on, how do you make a mistake sending 1k more than what he was supposed to. I mean what can be police do about things like this?

·
Old enough to be your dad
99 Posts
Seriously dude.....

The whole thing is a scam. It is well documented and everyone and their mom warns against getting involved in this. Just stop wasting your time communicating with these people.
Go out and find some buyers and dont bother with these f'ers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts